Looking for work life balance? Be our next Cloudera Stack Engineer providing technical engineering management in our Reston, VA or Bethesda, MD office. As our Cloudera Engineer, you will have fun implementing, maintaining and sustaining of the Cloudera Distributed Hadoop stack for unclassified and classified production systems. You will be working closely with Systems Engineers, Software Engineers and the Operations Engineering/Manager to perform and manage our Cloudera stack solution, big data computing strategy and all associated documentation.
Fun stuff you will do on the job:
- Provide Cloudera Distribution Hadoop (CDH) support to implementation, maintenance, and sustainment of CDH stack to include but not limited to: Solr, Nifi, Kafka, HDFS, Impala, Yarn, CDSW, Hive, Hue, Flume, Spark, Sqoop, Oozie, and ZooKeeper
- Perform Health Check of Cloudera Cluster on all environments (development, test, stage, production)
- Perform troubleshooting, support patching, upgrades, migrations, cluster hardware replacement/new buildouts
- Support our CI/CD pipeline team for Release activities, archiving, replay of data within the Cloudera Components and configuration management of Cloudera software into existing CI/CD pipeline
- Provide Recommendations for workflow changes to better utilize the Cloudera tools, hardware allocation and architecting solutions related to Cloudera Components
- Build monitoring dashboards using Cloudera Search & Hue
- Support CDSW to include, but not limited to Adding hosts, assisting with analytical reports, Optimizing, and tuning, implementation and maintenance
This is you:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience and 4+ years of experience in software engineering or related field or 4 years of additional years of experience in lieu of degree
- Must have TS/SCI with ability to obtain CI Polygraph
- 4+ years of Unix environment experience (in example, Linux)
- 4+ years of CDH (Cloudera Distributed Hadoop) experience which includes but not limited to: CDSW, Hive, Hue, Impala, Kafka, Flume, HDFS, Solr, Spark, Sqoop, YARN, Oozie, and ZooKeeper.
- Experience with big data workflows
- Knowledgeable in areas of micro-services design patterns, enterprise integration patterns, domain driven design
- Strong troubleshooting skills
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Experience with a highly-scalable, distributed, multi-node environment (10+ nodes)
- Experience with Pulsar
- Software development experience in C++, Java or Python
- Systems monitoring and management for grid computing
- Familiarity with virtual machine technologies
- Strong knowledge of SQL and PostgreSQL
- Working knowledge of distributed file systems
- Prior enterprise support experience in a technical environment strongly preferred
More about this Program:
The DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform that will provide cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. D3P will advance the state of the art in mission-focused big data analytics tools and micro-service development spanning the breadth of Agile sprints to multiyear research and development cycles.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.