Leidos is seeking a driven, technically astute manager and servant leader, to help guide our OSaaS team through its' digital transformation journey. Modern leaders must adopt new leading and coaching models, and adapt to ever changing digital landscapes. The servant leader in our organization is one who is astute at connecting their team members with a broad network of internal and external SME's and influencers, to encourage them to meet their developmental potential, thus increasing innovation and value at speed.
As manager of our OSaaS team, you will oversee the day to day tactical execution of activities, and help guide the strategic direction for the team. The desired outcomes include Operational Excellence through iterative process improvement, and digital transformation through innovation.
- Lead a multi-disciplined team of subject matter experts, in support of our maturing Hybrid Multi-Cloud OSaaS solution catalog offerings.
- Provide Leadership and technical management for the Hosting Services OSaaS team, in support of our Leidos Enterprise-wide customer base.
- The planning and Implementation of our Hosting Services OSaaS strategy, technical roadmaps, and technical debt reduction, across the breath of our service offerings.
- Responsibility for the ongoing Operations and Management of our Enterprise supported OS catalogue, including; Windows Server, Linux, Ubuntu, and CentOS ect.
- Manage all technical, process, and skills aspects of this leadership position, ensuring that the team provides value-streamed output, consistent with our customers' needs, whilst consistently practicing Leidos Core Values.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience, engaged in the operation and management of a Windows Server and Linux OS environment, for organizations and medium to complex IT systems. Additional years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Must have experience leading a team of technical professionals, in a leadership position, in an enterprise class environment.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills and be able to effectively communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences across the organization.
- Candidate also must possess the following skills:
- Experience with lifecycle management of Windows & Linux flavor servers, in an Enterprise class environment.
- Experience with web-tier technologies such as WebLogic and JBoss.
- Experience with team lead or management of deployment of AWS based technology solutions, in support of the business.
- Enable the OSaaS team for next generation technology growth, by planning and executing against our just in time strategic Digital Transformation initiative plan.
- Experience in transitioning new or enhanced services to an operational state, via ITIL framework.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), are critical in this role, as is emotional intelligence.
- The successful candidate must poses the ability to work well in a distributed team environment. The candidate should be of a highly ethical, trustworthy and reliable nature. The ability to utilize our Service Now platform to adhere to rigid ITIL based change and release control processes and procedures is critical. The candidate should also be able to demonstrate superior analytical and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to interact with varying levels of customers, staff and management.
- Experience with OS scripting and automation using Ansible Tower and Terraform Enterprise frameworks a distinct advantage.
- Experience with Dev/Ops framework, including CI/CD derived value-stream based output.
- Experience in other cloud based solutions (e.g. Azure Iaas) is a plus.
- Experience with Agile framework methodologies, and specifically Scaled Agile (SAFe).
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.