Leidos is seeking a Scientific Review Officer Manager (SRO Manager), contingent upon contract award, able to manage Science Review Officers (SROs) across multiple health specialty areas performing duties in support of scientific peer reviews. The SRO Manager will oversee the SROs as they lead project teams through all phases of the review process (task compliance, quality control and scientific quality assurance, critique monitoring, budgetary requirements, monitor deadlines, review meetings). This role will serve multiple program/task orders.
- Lead the development of the annual SRO management plan for the scientific peer review of proposals, and provide revisions of the plan as required by the contract Project Manager and client.
- Provide oversight of the scientific integrity of the review process.
- Oversee the implementation of a robust and credible technical approach within a formal project management framework.
- Lead the recruitment, training, evaluation, and management of the SROs.
- Provide guidance to the SROs through all phases of the review process (recruitment, task compliance, quality control and scientific quality assurance, critique monitoring, budgetary requirements, and monitor deadlines)
- Serve as the primary liaison with the contract Project Manager and client for scientific issues and with respect to the review process.
- Provide oversight and supervision of SROs in all aspects of panel review meetings including panel orientation, panel scoring and discussion, conflict of interest, submission of revised critiques, panel debriefing, summary statement writing, and scientific quality control editing.
- Provide appropriate guidance and instruction to SROs regarding relevant review policies, guidelines, and criteria; critiques preparation and submission.
- Identify, recruit, and assign competent, expert SROs to research proposal review panels.
- Assess the veracity of scientific quality control and scientific quality assurance performed by the SROs for their assigned panels.
- Communicate program goals and established processes for the SROs and other team members.
- Provide reports to the Leidos Program Management team on assigned projects.
- M.D. or Ph.D. with 5+ yrs experience
- Biomedical sciences or military medical sciences background required
- Extensive Scientific Peer Review SRO experience required
- Ability to obtain and maintain clearance.
- Candidates with previous biomedical research experience are preferred.
- Experience managing scientific peer review panels for US Government departments, including the National Institutes of Health, US Army Medical Research and Development Command programs, and Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs
- Experience recruiting and leading peer-review panels with reviewing proposal topics in cancer, infectious diseases, military medicine, traumatic brain injury, combat casualty care, and other military relevant diseases and conditions.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Research Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.