Leidos has a challenging and exciting opportunity for a self-motivated, experienced Draftsperson to join our team supporting a nationally significant and fast-paced program that uses Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. We are using Test Driven Development (TDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. The new program provides system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
The selected individual will become part of a multidisciplinary engineering team and will utilize their knowledge to produce drawings and drawing packages for delivery to our customer. Equipment is primary composed of COTs hardware that will be incorporated into the program configuration management practices for part numbering, bills of material, and subsystem/system definitions supporting the program, which consists of large, complex network environment with geographically distributed components.
- Work closely with System Engineers and other team members (technical and non-technical), follow specifications, and create various technical drawings, such as system diagrams, rack elevations, and wiring diagrams.
- Prepare both rough sketches and detailed work with computer-aided drawing software.
- Communicate with technical and management team members to ensure their knowledge and expertise is incorporated into drawings.
- Prepare, review, and redraft alongside the engineering team to maintain drawing currency and accuracy in an Agile development environment.
- Ensure final drawings are compliant with program configuration management practices and customer requirements.
- Identify and communicate potential problems and opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain currency with new drafting software and advancements in software packages and versions.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline and at least 4 years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree and at least 2 years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Three years engineering drafting experience.
- Must be comfortable working on multiple drawings/diagrams with multiple teams simultaneously.
- Must be capable of performing high quality work both independently and with a team.
- Must have the ability to work effectively in a rapid paced Agile environment and must adapt well to change.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices.
- Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking.
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must have the ability to maintain an ongoing positive attitude.
- Drafting degree or certificate from a vocational/technical school.
- Extensive AutoCAD, Visio, Excel, and MS Office suite experience and expertise.
“This position is eligible for an increased sign on bonus of $20, 000. Please visit careers.leidos.com/CSS20k for details and a full list of eligible opportunities.”
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Drafting
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.