Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a Graphics Software Engineer, supporting multiple US Navy programs located Bethesda, MD. Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, independent, self starter for a challenging position supporting a dynamic organization that develops and produces state of the art training and visual simulation systems. This position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance. A current, active DoD Secret clearance is desired.
In this senior level role, you will develop software as part of the team creating three dimensional graphics systems including a submarine periscope simulation, a submarine bridge simulation, and a ship weapons simulation. This code is used in a variety of naval training and simulation systems. All software is developed in a Linux environment, and written in C++ and Java, utilizing various software packages. Software development will include designing, coding, unit testing, integration testing, and verification and validation testing. Candidate will develop sophisticated, real-time software to enhance the fidelity of the visual simulation. Work will include the development of new code and the maintenance and extension of existing code. A background in physics or mathematics is useful to implement physics-based enhancements, such as ocean wave models.
Travel may be required to trainer sites, including Pearl Harbor HI, San Diego CA, Bangor WA, Norfolk VA, Groton CT, and Kings Bay GA, and will not exceed 15% of the job.
Education and Years of Experience:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Graphics, Math, Physics, or related technical field and a minimum of 8 years of directly related experience required or Masters degree and a minimum of 6 years of directly related experience
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must have high-level experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position
- Expertise/strong knowledge of object oriented development and data structures, be able to execute identified coding standards, must have hands-on experience with version control systems, and must have demonstrated ability with Linux
- Strong abilities/experience with C++ or Java, and scripting languages such as Python or bash
- Upper level experience with OpenGL/GLS
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
- Active DoD Secret clearance highly preferred
- Experience with physics-based modeling and visual simulation systems, or real time graphics programming
- Experience with high performance computing
- Experience with OpenSceneGraph, Ogre, Delta3D, or similar engines
- Experience with developing for commercial Virtual Reality headsets
- Experience with HLA/RTI systems
- Exposure to 3DS Max, Maya, Photoshop, or similar modeling tools
- Knowledge of graphics hardware and GPU internals
- Exposure to unit testing, continuous integration and code reviews
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.