Leidos is searching for a Software/System Architect, Senior to support our Austin Information Technology Center (AITC) team onsite.
A Senior Software/System Architect must have extensive experience in the coordination of program and project leaders to identify requirements for system architecture. Must be able to identify strategies for addressing requirements. Must have extensive experience with analysis of requirements against fiscal, schedule, and performance issues. Has extensive experience in taking program requirements and is able to create an architecture vision having experience in high volume and high availability networks and systems. Experience in creating and conveying to team members the architectural vision for a program or project. Is responsible for dictating design choices to software developers, including but not limited to: platforms, coding and technical levels. Experience in establishing and enforcing standards and practices. Overseeing the development team, he manages the full life cycle of the software development process. Has extensive software development experience and thorough knowledge of a variety of programming languages and logic.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline is required with 10 years of experience. 20 years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain public trust clearance Contract requirement
- Extensive Systems Administration experience required.
- Experience with Oracle Retail models.
- Experience with the design and development of custom Oracle Forms and Reports.
- Experience with change management in an ITIL environment.
- Must possess strong problem solving and documentation skills.
- Develop required plans and specifications, and provide all changes to and for approval by the COR/VA PM(s).
- Follow all build and release management, and change management guidelines.
- Analyze system problems, research and implement proper solutions.
- Provide status updates of multiple efforts to co-workers, team leaders and supervisors.
- Develop, maintain and update batch modules, and their related processes.
- Document explanations and details
- Perform unit test and system integration testing of all changes.
- Submit validated test results of the test plan as executed against the applicable system
- Develop a Unit Test Log after the Design Specification and before coding begins. This log shall identify the unit tests to be executed in order to correctly and properly test the code. The
- Contractor shall ensure the Unit Test Log is finalized during the Code and Unit (CUT) phase.
- Provide system application programming support.
- Administer, maintain, and keep current all documentation and related procedures for Disaster
- Recovery and Continuity of Operations COOP exercises for applications.
- Attend and participate in technical and project planning meetings.
- Perform change management, release management, and build management and ITIL practice and implementations.
- Provide application technical support for Oracle Retail models, Retail Merchandising System
- (RMS), Retail Sales Audit (RESA), Store Inventory Management (SIM), Allocations, Retail
- Data Warehouse (RDW) / Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), Retail Price
- Management (RPM), Retail Invoice Matching (REIM) and Merchandise Financial Planning. Support batch scheduling for Oracle Retail data model.
- Support batch scheduling for Oracle Retail data model.
- Write and execute PL/SQL stored procedures, Pro*C, and Oracle Forms.
- Deliver listings and executable software that has been developed in accordance with the
- established processes/procedures.
- Submit modified screens, code, programs, documentation, and/or interfaces when corrections
- have been incorporated and the project is complete.
- Address messaging errors for integration using the Retail Integration Bus (RIB) Hospital Administration.
- Triage issues that occur and determine optional solutions.
- Configure and operate Oracle Business Process Execution Language (BPEL) Process Manager.
- Design, Develop custom Oracle Forms and Reports; Perform enhancements, troubleshoot
- custom Oracle Forms and Reports
- Design, Develop custom reports in OBIEE
- Write and execute UNIX & SHELL scripts.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.