The Defense Group at Leidos is currently looking for a Logistics Specialist to support the Warfighter Readiness at Fort Gordon, GA. Tasks are perform in the areas of Transportation, Logistics, property issue and accountability.
- Logistics Specialist Support:
- Serves as a Logistics Specialist for the Force Modernization Division (FMD) of CECOM concerning materiel management and logistics operations for property accountability, maintenance, supply (all classes).
- Responsible for ensuring 100% accountability of all equipment, parts and materials associated with the contract.
- Maintain and update logistical program requirements support with other functional areas (e.g., training, operations, procurement, and financial management).
- Coordinates actions between communications-electronics command (CECOM), US Army Materiel Command (AMC), and other government agencies as required.
- Maintains accurate and current chain of custody documentation to track turnover/possession between the U.S. Government and the Contractor.
- Will communicate with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members and all external shipping vendors and freight companies.
- Track and report Purchase Requests in coordination with the COR and Budget Analyst. Maintain accurate and current chain of custody documentation to track turnover/possession between Gov't and program.
- Track and report the status of shipments of approved Purchase Requests.
- Assist the Government Logistics Specialist with the management of Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) and Contractor Managed Equipment (CME).
- Maintains an updated operational and maintenance logistics support plan and responsible for providing solutions by comparison and the evaluation of possible courses of conduct and acting or making decisions
- Track and report text book and other training material purchase requests, certification voucher purchase requests, and equipment purchases.
- Track of high dollar value items (over $500) for proper accountability
- Act as a liaison between the vendor and the government Logistics Specialist
- Will communicate with internal team members across multiple areas and customer team members and all external shipping vendors and freight companies.
- Bachelors Degree and a minimum of 2 years of experience. 4 additional years of directly related experience will offset the degree requirements.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Experience making decisions and working without direct supervision
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Proven ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment, under stress and within time constraints
- Proven project and time management skills; Ability to function independently and make the best use of time, as well as collaborate with a team
- Must have a current United States Passport
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.