The Leidos Defense Group may have an opening for a Multi-Media Designer (MMD) with broad-based computer skills to support Navy training programs. In this project we transform curricula designed by instructional experts, experienced maritime power plant technicians and subject matter experts into computer-based training (CBT) modules used in the Navy’s self-paced training program.
- Candidate will be a member of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Navy and contractor maritime power plant subject matter experts, instructional system designers, and multi-media designers working in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Assists with the design and programming of interactive multimedia applications for web-based delivery.
- Candidate must be a motivated self-starter who is able to multi-task and work within deadlines, and must be able to smoothly transition between various projects to solve technical issues.
- Must have excellent communication skills, the ability to work with Maritime Power Plant Training Specialists, Instructional Systems Designers, other MMDs, and Subject Matter Experts.
- Provide accurate task completion estimates, and develop applications using storyboards. Responsible for applying adult learning theory to the creation of e-Learning and blended learning solutions.
- Assist in the research, selection, and modification of existing training content to meet learning needs.
- Converting instructor led content to e-Learning solutions, when applicable.
- Supports training team administrative functions, as assigned, including: manipulation of portal content and integrity of training related databases.
- Must work with Prime Contractor and Navy subject matter experts to assist in training curriculum development and implementation.
- Associate’s degree with five (5) years of professional experience or equivalent combined education/experience.
- Experience in developing multimedia training products for use in web based environments.
- Hands-on experience with computer animation (including audio) and an on-line portfolio which demonstrates those skills available for Leidos and customer review.
- Experience in the development of interactive training applications object oriented programming.
- Experience with troubleshooting techniques for software and multimedia development environments.
- Must have active or current final US Secret security clearance before starting work. We strongly prefer candidates with active or current clearances but will consider opening background investigations for outstanding candidates whose clearance statuses are listed as inactive at this time.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1 year relevant experience or equivalent education and experience or Associate's degree with 3 years of professional experience.
- Experience developing animation timelines and ability to describe the animation timeline process.
- Experience using Adobe products such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Animate, Media Encoder, and InDesign.
- Experience in building eLearning strategies to support program initiatives.
- Experience / familiarity with the following is a plus:
- SQL, Visual Basic.
- Developing Databases using Microsoft Access.
- Work with Learning Content Management Systems and Learning Management Systems including the use of SCORM, Tin Can, Section 508 and other industry standards.
- Proficient in the storyboarding of training products including sequencing and interactivity specifications.
- Use of Premier.
- Familiarity or experience with any Armed Forces technical training programs is a plus.
- Capable of serving as a member of a multi-disciplinary virtual team at geographically dispersed locations.
- Active or current U.S. DoE L or Q clearance is a plus.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.