The Leidos Defense Group may have an opening for an Instructional Systems Designer with technical training experience to support the Navy e-learning training program. In this project, we transform curricula designed by instructional experts, experienced maritime power plant technicians and subject matter experts into computer-based training (CBT) modules used in the Navy’s self-paced training program. Please note this requisition has been opened in the expectation of future employment. It is not based on any current vacancies.
Candidate will be a member of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Navy and contractor maritime power plant Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Instructional Systems Designers, and Multi-Media Designers (MMDs) focused on creating effective e-learning solutions and application.
- Assist in the coordination, monitoring, and evaluation of day-to day progress towards training objectives and deliverables.
- Create supporting training materials to enhance training usability.
- Partner with the Navy customer to design and develop computer-based learning content and/or blended learning solutions.
- Work collaboratively with SMEs to develop interactive and engaging training solutions.
- Monitor customer feedback and identify potential enhancements and / or innovative training solutions.
- Design and develop computer-based learning practices based on instructional-sound standards and managed through a consistent approach across the development team.
- Apply advanced adult learning theories into practical, application-based learning strategies.
- Bachelor's Degree in the field of adult learning; Human Performance Technology, Instructional Systems Design, Training & Development or 2-3 years of equivalent experience.
- Experience in the development of training curriculum to include: lessons, storyboards, general courseware, computer-based training, assessment instruments and courseware evaluation.
- Experience in the application of a systematic approach to the analysis, design, development and implementation of training applications.
- Experience working independently and collaboratively with our customers, Navy SMEs, and MMDs on training curriculum development and implementation.
- Must have active or current final U.S. Secret security clearance before starting work. We strongly prefer candidates with active or current clearances but will consider opening background investigations for outstanding candidates whose clearance statuses are listed as inactive at this time.
- Familiarity with Navy technical training is a plus.
- Experience developing technical training courses for any branch of the Armed Forces is a plus.
- Successful candidate will be a self-starter who is able to work as a member of a virtual team with other site locations.
- Active or current U.S. Government security clearance is a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Curriculum Developer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.