Leidos Civil Group has an immediate opening for a Chief Security Architect to join Leidos in support of our federal civil customer. In this role, you will help our customers solve their most demanding challenges via technology, modernization, and transformation processes, and proven methods and solutions. As a Cyber Architect, you will lead all program Cyber initiatives including design and implementation of cyber tools/solutions, analysis of alternatives, platform upgrades, enhancement requests, defect resolution, and project coordination. In-depth knowledge of enterprise cybersecurity capabilities and various cybersecurity tools and supporting software and hardware is required. The main focus will be on security operation center tools, log and event management, vulnerability scanning and management, secure configuration management, network security, and cybersecurity architectural support.
- Responsible for the research of new technical trends, products and services, such as hardware components, system software, and networks technologies that offer opportunities to improve the security efficiency and effectiveness of the IT infrastructure across all teams on development and administration.
- Work with the business stakeholders, engineers, and system administrators to ensure all goals are met across the program.
- Provide management, leadership and direction to program engineering team leads and individual contributors
- Act as a subject matter expert for all Cyber Security projects.
- Work with internal and external partners ensuring that the current and future service level requirements of customers are identified, understood and documented in SLA documents
- Produce and maintain security architecture documents establishing the operational, system and technical views of the security architecture including all of the significant areas relative to network defense and the various technologies in use.
- Provides an analysis of the security architecture and document recommendations to close gaps in data protection.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures and decision analysis documentation, as requested.
- Coordinate application and platform upgrades, while ensuring latest releases are implemented in a timely manner with minimal or no disruption to IT operations.
- Produce reports and dashboards based on defined measures, metrics and key performance indicators.
Basic Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Cyber Security, Networking or other STEM disciplines with 12-15+ years of experience related to IT and/or cyber security. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience managing the implementation and operation of security architecture and tools (5+ years)
- Experience working in project management roles (5+ years)
- Experience with IT modernization (5+ years)
- Understanding of key cyber security tools to ensure that they are consistently deployed, executed, and continuously improved in alignment with business requirements.
- Experience leading complex security infrastructure consolidation and modernization efforts to achieve standardized, consistent and repeatable processes for delivery of services across a large agency enterprise, and optimized use of shared resources.
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization and meeting with stakeholders to formulate, review, and execute task plans and deliverable items.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, systems engineers and architects
- Experience leading high performing multi-disciplinary teams
Additional Skills & Certifications
- Active PMI PMP certification
- Experience with Cyber Security Operations
- Active CISSP certification
- Active Secret Clearance required, specifically DoD/Secret and DoD/Top Secret Clearance (Interim Top Secret acceptable), or TS/SCI
- Washington DC, Silver Spring MD
- Yes, 10%
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.