Leidos has an opening for a Systems Engineer to support the General Services Administration (GSA) Office of Digital Infrastructure Technologies (DIGIT).
This position is a 100% telework opportunity and we are seeking candidates from across the contiguous United States.
Leidos is bringing together commercial innovation with the latest technology to unleash the potential for our federal clients. Every day we bring bold thinking and diverse disciplines to solve problems in new ways. Ready to learn as much as you can? Determined to make an immediate impact? Join our team on a newly awarded contract and deliver results!
As a Systems Engineer you will have the responsibility to research, design, develop and test computer-related equipment for commercial, industrial, military, or scientific use for a large agency focused squarely in the Agile framework.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and direct software system validation and testing methods using Junit and Jenkins.
- Develop and integrate custom developed software solutions to leverage automated deployment technologies.
- Develop, prototype and deploy solutions within Commercial Cloud Solutions leveraging Infrastructure platform services using AWS, Azure or Google.
- Coordinate closely with team members, Product Owners and Scrum Masters to ensure User Story alignment and implementation to customer use cases.
- Support the Agile software development lifecycle following Program SAFe practices
Here’s what you need to be successful:
- Proficient with common Agile practices, service-orientated environments, and development practices.
- Experience with SAFe development practices.
- Expert in the software development lifecycle
- Working knowledge of ITIL 4
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, or related field and 4 years' relevant experience, or a Master's and 2 years' relevant experience. An additional 4 years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Agile Scrum certification.
- Experience in AWS, Google, or Azure.
- Experience delivering within DevOps toolsets/practices.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.