Leidos currently has an opening for a Textile Technologist to work at the US Army Combat Capabilities Development Command – Soldier Center (CCDC-SC) in Natick, MA. The candidate will provide technical textile support to Ariel Delivery Directorate in the areas of personnel and cargo parachutes and helicopter sling load.
• Technical textile support for the CCDC-SC Aerial Delivery Engineering Support Team, through inspection, analysis, evaluation of test data, reviewing/ updating specifications, and providing guidance to any textile inquiries.
• Participate in the inspection of personnel parachute systems. This would require understanding of Technical Drawing Packages (TDP) and specifications. Visiting parachute manufacturers to conduct on-site inspection to collect and compile Quality Control (QC) data from the inspection to analyze and provide written report on findings within one week.
• Review and update Parachute Industry Association (PIA) specifications. Track specifications up for review and approval; notify/advise Engineers, Equipment Specialists and Textile Technologist of schedule and status in a tri-annual report (note: this would be after every PIA spec meeting).
• Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems with Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action Development for fielded helicopter sling load equipment, and personnel and cargo parachute systems. Provide technical reviews of drawing packages, specifications, and technical/ field manuals within 30 days.
- Product Development
- Quality Assurance
• Bachelors' Degree in Textile Technology 4+ years experience and a minimum 5 years' experience with textiles
• Understanding of Technical Drawing Packages (TDP) and specifications.
• 25% travel to parachute manufacturers to conduct on-site inspection to collect and compile Quality Control (QC) data from the inspection
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple actions at any given time
• Excellent analytical and technical skills
• Ability to work independently as well as with others in a team
• Excellent communication skills: Communicates with colleagues across multiple areas
• Knowledge of various parachute items
• Knowledge/familiarity with DoD commodities/terms
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Materials Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.