Leidos is looking for a highly-motivated, first-class Senior Paralegal to join us in supporting the U.S. Army who requires skilled legal support and ad hoc discovery acquisition guidance to assist their Legal Services Agency. The work location is 9275 Gunston Rd., Fort Belvoir, VA 22060-5546.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner with internal and external colleagues of all levels. If you are well-organized and able to manage multiple critical tasks under tight deadlines, have good customer service skills, and thrive in a fast-paced and diverse environment, this job is for you!
- Maintain daily contact and coordinate closely with the Chief, Affirmative Environmental Claims Branch.
- Coordinate with all attorneys working on the Army’s affirmative environmental cases.
- Track case files, exhibits and other case specific materials.
- Assist attorneys and staff in coordination with expert witnesses and litigative consultants.
- Perform complex legal and factual research for the trial attorneys and staff, both program-wide and on particular cases.
- Draft correspondence for attorney signature within DOD and to outside counsel and corporations.
- Draft legal documents such as motions, briefs, memoranda of law, etc.
- Screen documents for privilege and confidentiality.
- Assist attorneys with all legal documentation and tracking metrics throughout all phases of litigation.
- Utilize law library resources including automated research tools such as Lexis and Relativity.
- Utilize word processing, database and spreadsheet software.
- Travel (infrequent/occasional travel may be required).
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite 5 days a week in Fort Belvoir, VA once temporary Pandemic Remote work is over, may be required to go in the office occasionally OR when asked to return in the office).
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills):
- Paralegal certificate, or JD, or currently attending an ABA-accredited law school, having completed at least one year of study.
- At least two years of litigation paralegal experience required; trial experience very helpful.
- At least one year of experience in automated litigation support.
- Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court system, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw.
- Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, imaging, and hardware systems.
- Role also requires hands-on familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of eDiscovery procedures and resources.
- Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure will be very important.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Experience with Relativity, highly preferred.
- Current or active clearance preferred.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Paralegal
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.