Leidos is currently seeking a motivated Aviation Life Support Equipment Tech to work on the CLS-A program in Afghanistan. The ideal candidate will work and may require travel in between customer sites as needed; customer sites include Kandahar, Kabul and Mazar-e Sharif, Afghanistan.
The ALSE Technician plans, directs, organizes, and evaluates Aircrew Flight Equipment operations pertaining to equipment accountability, personnel reliability, mobility, and other such activities required to meet operational readiness; associated databases shall be maintained to ensure equipment accountability. Position establishes performance standards, improves work methods, and advises on inspection, repair, and repacking of aircrew flight equipment. ALSE ensures serviceability based on required specifications and technical publications. Position evaluates problems and determines feasibility of repair or replacement related to inspecting and repairing fabric, and rubber equipment. Additionally mentors and trains Afghan military personnel on all facets of US Military ALSE procedures utilizing USG approved training processes and program policies. Willing to work or be re-assigned based on missions requirements to one of the three CLS sites in Afghanistan.
• U.S. Citizen
• High School diploma, or equivalent experience/combined education, with additional technical training equivalent to a technical Associate degree and/or demonstrated ability to perform assigned preventive and demand maintenance tasks and 5 Years of experience.
• Must have past Service or commercial equivalent ALSE certification
• Familiarization with inventory, repair and accountability of Government Furnished Equipment
• NACI or Interim NACI required
• Understanding and accepting local languages, customs and traditions (to be able to work with local customs, transport systems and language interpretation)
• Ability to work and live in a team environment
Program Specific Requirements:
NOTE: Failure to complete any of the actions listed below will void the terms of employment.
• A current U.S. passport, with a minimum of 12 months remaining and multiple, consecutive blank pages, before employment start date.
• Afghan Visa with multiple entries for 12 months prior to start date. (Provided by the program)
• Successfully passing all CENTCOM CRC medical and training requirements. If the candidate is unable to successfully pass a medical screening, prior to their anticipated employment start date, immediate termination will be requested.
• National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI) or Secret Clearance, if required
• A positively adjudicated Federal Government Investigation in order to qualify for a Common Access Card (CAC).
• Military deployment experience is highly desired and deployment experience to the CENTCOM region is desired
External Referral Bonus:-
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Aircraft Mechanic
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.