Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Communication Specialist to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems.
The Communications Specialist will work closely with the Group Communications Director to manage the production of communication content for one of the Dynetics Group operations. The candidate must have demonstrated understanding of editorial management within a professional business setting, exceptional writing and editing abilities. Candidate must be able to edit feature stories for both strategic and editorial impact with the ability to juggle multiple projects under tight deadlines. The candidate should have experience with digital copy-writing best-practices in a range of formats from blogging to advertising and email. The candidate will also work closely with senior leadership on various projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with staff to brainstorm content topics and update the editorial calendar
- Write copy to promote our products and services for internal and external audiences
- Check all pieces for accuracy and cohesiveness with no grammatical errors
- Update the website and social media pages with new content
- Ability to work with teams that are located across the United States
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university
- Candidate must have at least 5+ years of experience developing and executing marketing and/or communications plans.
- Candidate must have experience in writing, proofreading and editing content for internal audiences.
- Candidate must have experience managing an editorial process and resources.
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment.
- Candidate must be a resident of the northern Virginia area or willing to relocate to the Arlington, Virginia area.
- Preference shown to candidates who possess a Master's Degree in in journalism, public relations, communications, marketing, or related field from an ABET-accredited university.
- Security Requirements
- Candidate must be a US Citizen
- Candidate must possess (and be able to maintain) a Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Internal Communications
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.