The BD VP will lead efforts to grow the Leidos Military and Veterans Health Solutions (MVHS) business, managing the pipeline, partnering with the Operations Manager to establish a growth strategy, and engaging with customers. Reporting to the Leidos Health Group SVP of Business Development & Strategy, this VP is responsible for driving full-lifecycle BD processes across multiple concurrent new business pursuits, and should thrive in a demanding fast-paced environment. Characteristics for success include: business and technical vision; disciplined strategic thinking; analytical presentation and problem solving skills; the ability to gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationships with technical staff, managers, and peers, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- In this role, you will be expected to identify gaps and emerging requirements, perform market and business intelligence analysis, design and execute formal capture plans, and monitor competitor activity.
- You will develop the overall BD strategy, as well as internal and external partnerships, business plans and associated marketing with the Operation.
- You will be expected to establish credibility with key decision makers and influencers, serve in a strategic customer-facing role, and actively participate in Health IT professional organizations (HIMSS, CHIME, ACHE, etc.). You will represent Leidos, in coordination with the Operation, through social media, event participation, and charitable activities supported by the company.
- You will ensure that the Operation maintains a healthy pipeline of opportunities and executes cost-effective win strategies to achieve annual financial objectives.
- You will be responsible for building and leading a high-performing team of business development professionals and capture managers, maintaining a healthy pipeline and achieving desired BD and financial goals and increased client satisfaction.
- Partner with the Operations SVP to support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline growth.
- Identify, develop, and implement near-term and long-term business strategies that provide the business an opportunity to grow revenue.
- May have other business development activities, such as investigating and evaluating potential mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, geographic expansions, licensing, partnerships, joint ventures, new business/market opportunities and sustainability to determine if such activities are in line with the organization's overall strategy and vision.
- Continuously monitor the market to keep track of competitor developments and their impact on market share.
- Participate in business planning activities, to include weekly pipeline reviews, operating plan development, bid agenda development, opportunity collaboration sessions and gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal writing and reviews.
- Monitor the Operation’s pipeline, establish BD priorities and recommend the allocation of resources. Manage a team of up to ~15 business development professionals.
- Responsible for creating workforce and staffing plans to ensure efficient use of resources. Ensure staff are focused on the Operations’ priorities, and are growing in their careers and expertise.
- Develop and implement the Operations’ strategy based on market research and Corporate direction.
- Coordinate with Leidos organizations who perform emerging technologies in other markets. Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 15+ years of Business Development related experience, including 10+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Proven track record of successful capture and pipeline management across multiple organizations and program offices at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Experience working directly with the Health Community and DoD personnel
- Demonstrated access to key government customers and industry partners
- Ability to lead and manage a geographically-dispersed team
- Travel as required, likely 10% per month
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship management to track opportunities and manage pipeline
- Experience working with the Federal Health customers, budget, investments and acquisition processes
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with senior management, technical staff, division managers, and peers.
- Ability to coach, mentor, and effectively support the capture and proposal teams
- Management of a pipeline of opportunities with a value of $10 billion or greater
- Healthcare, health research, public health, health administration background or education is beneficial
- A technical degree is highly desired. Advanced degree preferred
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.