Leidos is currently seeking a motivated Base Operations Control Specialist to work on the CLS-A program in Afghanistan. The ideal candidate will work and may require travel in between customer sites as needed; customer sites include Kandahar, Kabul and Mazar-e Sharif, Afghanistan.
Coordinates and monitors all flights in and out of the facility with flight crews, and is responsible for monitoring weather conditions. Compiles aircraft dispatch data such as scheduled arrival/departure times, needed fuel, flight plans, ramp delays, and weather reports. Advises flight crews on atmospheric conditions, preferred runway, and taxi instructions. Prepares messages concerning flights and ground operation and maintains contact with operations personnel via VHF/UHF radio. Point of contact for all aircraft ground operations to include refuel, defuel, and engine runs, Ground Support Equipment, and hanger space availability. Ensures sections’ compliance with program’s Flight Operation Procedures (FOP) and Ground Operation Procedures (GOP). Maintain a graphic display for all aircraft locations on facility. Responsible for conducting flight operations support for PC-12 and Mi17 operations at various locations in Afghanistan. Involved with mentorship of Afghan military personnel in all aspects of base/flight operations and publications; monitor and track aircraft flights utilizing Afghan National Tracking System (ANTS) and maintain flight operations related documentation/records. Ensure Program’s Mentorship tracking mechanisms are updated to quantify Afghan military personnel progress. Utilize the secure and non-secure flight operations areas and update the flight operations areas with appropriate intelligence/threat information available and displayed.
• U.S. Citizen
• 5 years’ experience in Flight and/or Base Operations or 3 years of military experience as a flight operations technician
• Active Secret Clearance
• Very familiar with Microsoft Office software, specifically Excel and Access
• Ability to work and live in a team environment
Program Specific Requirements:
Candidates must be able to obtain/eligible the following.
NOTE: Failure to complete any of the actions listed below will void the terms of employment.
• A current U.S. passport, with a minimum of 12 months remaining and multiple, consecutive blank pages, before employment start date.
• Afghan Visa with multiple entries for 12 months prior to start date. (Provided by the program)
• Successfully passing all CENTCOM CRC medical and training requirements. If the candidate is unable to successfully pass a medical screening, prior to their anticipated employment start date, immediate termination will be requested.
• National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI) or Secret Clearance, if required
• A positively adjudicated Federal Government Investigation in order to qualify for a Common Access Card (CAC).
• Military deployment experience is highly desired and deployment experience to the CENTCOM region is desired
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Air and Ramp Coordinator
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.