Leidos has a career opening for a HBSS Systems Engineer and Administration professional at the Washington Navy Yard.
This HBSS Systems Engineer and Administrator will work as part of a team to install, configure and maintain systems. The individual in this position will work as part of a team to evaluate and recommend new technologies and to enhance current capabilities of established networked systems.
- Responsible for installing, managing, maintaining and configuring the Host Based Security System (HBSS) and associated agents and endpoint products.
- Create, deploy, and manage custom HBSS signatures
- Monitor HBSS for intrusions, failures and other issues
- Monitor HBSS software to ensure that the clients/servers are operational and reporting properly
- Provide system requirements development.
- Plan, design, and evaluate various components of a networked system *Provide advanced technical analyses of network challenges and problems and be able to develop/implement technical solutions.
- Conduct analysis of malicious events and know exploits/vulnerabilities for the creation of custom signature rule sets for the accompanying modules, as necessary.
- Provide detailed reports on system status, module deployments and event trends.
- Create custom reports as necessary to meet mission requirements.
- Perform troubleshooting of local and remote installation of HBSS components and deployments of HBSS products and policies.
- Install updates to McAfee software as released and in compliance with STIG requirements
- Deploy, maintain, and tune McAfee HBSS products so that clients meet current and future standards
- Active Secret clearance with the ability to be approved for a TS/SCI clearance.
- 2+ years of HBSS related experience and Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of IT related experience. Additional years of experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
- Current DOD 8570 IAT II cert or above
- Windows Server 2012 or 2016 experience
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Must have expertise in HBSS ePO and associated products, including HIPS, ENS, PA, MA DLP, VSE, RSD and supporting applications such as MS SQL and MS Windows Server 2012, 2016 and Windows 10.
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
- DOD 8570 IAT III
- Excellent troubleshooting capabilities and strong communication skills.
- VMware virtualization of desktops, applications and servers experience.
- Basic and Advanced HBSS DISA certificates.
- Experience with building and maintaining a ePO server
- Experience with building and maintaining a SADR
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.