The Airborne Maintenance and Integration Division within the Airborne Solutions Operation of Leidos currently has multiple opportunities for Airborne Sensor Operators (ASO) supporting a Contractor Owned/Contractor Operated manned ISR program that will be based OCONUS. Leidos will deploy aircrew for an ISR aircraft that will provide multi-source data collection supporting real-time operations and post-mission analysis. The ASO will be responsible for collecting and analyzing information while safely and effectively functioning as an aircrew member on a multi-position aircraft. Selected candidates will primarily work with COMINT, ELINT, and radar systems.
- The ASO will be responsible for routine and dynamic target area assessment using SIGINT and radar systems while providing analysis and distribution of multi-source information via on-board aircraft communications systems.
- Possess a combination of maturity, skill and experience to function safely and effectively as an aircrew member in a tactical ISR environment.
- Operate SIGINT and radar sensors along with communications equipment.
- Execute all assigned preflight, flight, and post flight duties as required to safely and effectively operate an assigned sensor suite supporting customer missions. This includes mission planning, pre-briefings, mission system inspection, operation, troubleshooting, post-flight inspections, debriefings, intelligence product preparation and distribution, and mission documentation.
- Assist with mission equipment payload preventive maintenance, sensor and line-replaceable unit and sensor swaps.
- BA/BS Degree and 2+ years experience. Additional experience may be used in lieu of degree.
- Must possess a current FAA Class II Medical Certificate
- Successfully complete a FAA High altitude chamber / physiological training
- 500 flight hours as an aircrew member on a multi-place military or contractor operated aircraft, possess excellent CRM skills, and be able to apply ORM principles
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess a current passport
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license
- Must read, write, speak and understand English
- Must be able to meet all CRC deployment and medical requirements
- Must possess an active DOD security clearance at the TOP SECRET level, or higher
- Must show demonstrable interpretation and analysis with one or more of the following sensor systems: SAR/MTI, ELINT, or COMINT
- Previous intelligence or operations experience providing analysis of multi-source information
- Previous ICS communication experience
- Must be able to successfully accomplish airborne mission / flight operations training
- Be willing to deploy to various OCONUS operating locations as directed by the Government
- Be able to obtain a US passport and visas to travel internationally
- Advanced signals analysis experience
- Airborne TECHELINT and OPELINT experience
- Strong understanding of frequency agile signals
- Experience with joint cryptologic operations
- Air-to-Air and Air-to-Ground communication coordination experience
- Previous ISR mission/intelligence product support experience
- Previous ISR and or instructor/evaluator experience in a combat environment
- Previous KUSS, PRC-117, VORTEX, data link experience
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.