Information System Security Officer – T3
Leidos is seeking an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) to assist the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) with managing risks related to the use of processing, storing, or transmitting information to reduce or eliminate impact to confidentiality, integrity, or availability of information and information systems. ISSO duties will include:
- Ensuring appropriate operational security posture is maintained.
- Conducting scheduled weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual Continuous Monitoring and auditing tasks and reporting.
- Implementing and enforcing all applicable cybersecurity policies, procedures, and countermeasures.
- Developing and implementing automated processes for systems monitoring.
- Working with Program Security to ensuring all users have requisite security clearances and access authorization.
- Maintaining all authorized user access control documentation IAW applicable ICD 503 and DoD Risk Management Frameworks
- Ensuring software, hardware, and firmware complies with appropriate security configuration guidelines (e.g., Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)/Security Requirement Guides (SRGs)).
- Ensuring proper configuration management procedures are followed prior to implementation and contingent upon necessary approval.
- Initiating exceptions, deviations, or waivers to cybersecurity requirements.
- Implementing and enforcing all DoD cybersecurity policies and procedures, as defined by cybersecurity-related documentation.
- Initiating protective or corrective measures in the event of a cybersecurity incident.
- Ensuring all DoD cybersecurity-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals.
- Developing artifacts and supporting evidence to satisfy all applicable RMF Controls.
- Developing and/or updating the Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) to document all known vulnerabilities to correct or mitigate risks.
- Chantilly, VA
- TS//SCI and willing to upgrade to TS//SCI with polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity or a related discipline
- Minimum 4 years of information security experience
- DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 Certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.