Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Operations has a contingent opening for a Deputy Program Manager (DPM) for the Franchise Fund Support Services (FFSS). The DPM works closely with the PM, Quality Manager, Resource Manager, and Subcontract Manager to ensure business continuity and consistent application of standards across the program. The DPM is also responsible for implementing Agile Methodologies in support of VA DevSecOps strategy including Scaled Agile Framework for Lean Enterprises (SAFe) by leveraging Lean Six Sigma and Information Technology Infrastructure Library ITIL methodology and principles.
(This is contingent upon award of FFSS)
The Deputy Program Manager serves as the primary back up for the Program Manager and when acting for the PM will also be responsible for day-to-day operational oversight, as well as strategic guidance to program and client staff.
- Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Operations has an opening for a Deputy Program Manager (DPM) for the Franchise Fund Support Services (FFSS). The DPM works closely with the PM, Quality Manager, Resource Manager, and Subcontract Manager to ensure business continuity and consistent application of standards across the program. The DPM is also responsible for implementing Agile Methodologies in support of VA DevSecOps strategy including Scaled Agile Framework for Lean Enterprises (SAFe) by leveraging Lean Six Sigma and Information Technology Infrastructure Library ITIL methodology and principles.
- The Deputy Program Manager serves as the primary back up for the Program Manager and when acting for the Program Manager will also be responsible for day-to-day operational oversight, as well as strategic guidance to program and client staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Provides strategic guidance and oversight to facilitate the consistent application of program and project management standards, processes, and tools across the program.
- Responsible for the developing, maintaining and reporting on the FFSS program’s Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
- Responsible for configuration management across the program.
- Converse fluently with project and program momager's, scrum masters, technical staff and leads across the program as it relates to consistent application of process, tools and controls across the program
- Directs, monitors and reports on continuity of operations and configuration management initiatives, tasks and progress across the program within the monthly status reports
- Provides review of contract deliverables in collaboration with the Quality and Program Manager to ensure the program scope of work is delivered on time, within budget and with precision across all technical areas.
- Ensures adherence to VA policy and standards during meetings, release management/operational readiness reviews, and other work sessions, such as planning and budgeting.
- Reports on accomplishments, impediments and planned activities on a monthly basis
- Manages changes and other deployment activities for assigned applications following change management, configuration management, project management and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes as per established policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal/external customers.
- MBA degree with 10 years of experience in Project or Program Management. 20 years of relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Prior VA Program Management Experience Required
- Must be a US Citizen, contract requirement
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certified- Required
- Familiarity and experience with Agile methodology including Scaled Agile Framework for Lean Enterprises (SAFe), leveraging Lean Six Sigma and Information Technology Infrastructure Library ITIL methodology and principles
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment, actively and effectively managing relationships with customers, build and release managers, technical teams, product development, project managers, and other application managers.
- Experience developing and reporting upon metrics relative to operational and financial performance.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate with leadership, staff and customers
- Demonstrates business acumen and strategic planning
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask; can set priorities and follow a timeline
- Must be a self-starter and capable of working independently.
- Customer oriented.
- Able to obtain and maintain a favorable determination for a public trust clearance/investigation.
- Accepts and performs other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Lean Six Sigma certification (any level) Required
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt a plus
- Knowledge of Veteran Affairs’ Information Technology Systems, Infrastructure Components, Configuration Control, Change Management, Policies, and Processes.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Experience with fixed price contracts.
- Prior US Military experience and Veteran status a plus
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.