Energy Advantage Intern
Leidos is seeking an experienced candidate to join our Hawai‘i Energy program team as an intern in the business operations group. This position will support the Energy Advantage (EA) Program.
The EA intern will participate in collaboration meetings and assist with data processing and data management, targeted research, digital contact management, customer and contractor engagement, project acquisition, independent site visits and provide overall support for Hawai‘i Energy’s Energy Advantage program.
This role will leverage customer service skills to work with small businesses on O‘ahu to help them save energy and reduce their operating costs. The position will also assist the team with reviewing and pre-approving lighting projects, conducting inspections, and assisting with program design to expand the success of the Energy Advantage program.
- Perform pre and post inspection site visits to verify energy efficiency project installations and maintain quality control
- Become well versed in Hawai‘i Energy’s rebate systems (AMPLIFY & Salesforce) and provide data management and data entry for participating contractors
- Learn and understand lighting technologies
- Research efficiency measures (e.g. HVAC, controls, etc.) to expand the Energy Advantage Program
- Assist with problem solving practical program implementation challenges
- Provide support in rebate processing in Salesforce
- Interface with industry stakeholders including distributors, trade allies and customers through meetings and outreach events
- Assist with developing and organizing commercial sector data warehouse and provide useful data tagging
- Assist with implementing a digital system for business contact management
- Research possible applications for the Better Building’s Initiative to Hawai‘i’s market
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Currently enrolled or recent graduate from a community college, university or graduate program
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within cross functional teams
- Fluent in Microsoft Office and able to conduct advanced internet research
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid Driver’s license and vehicle for inspections
- Physical ability to perform field verification of pre and post installation of energy efficiency measures
- Passionate about and committed to the Hawai’i Energy mission and goals
- Strong technical, quantitative and analytic capabilities including spreadsheet analysis
- Familiarity with Hawai‘i businesses and business culture
- Strong skills in organizing projects and balancing workload
- Quick to learn new concepts and eager to contribute new ideas
About Hawai‘i Energy
Hawai‘i Energy is a ratepayer-funded energy efficiency program under contract with the Hawai‘i Public Utilities Commission. We help educate island families and businesses about the many and lasting benefits of energy efficiency and conservation. Hawai‘i Energy encourages and rewards smart energy decisions which will allow our state to reach 100% clean energy faster and cheaper. To date, we have saved the people of Hawai‘i more than a billion dollars off their energy bills. Named by Hawai‘i Business Magazine as one of the “Best Places to Work“ in 2018, 2019, and 2020, we are looking for someone to join our team in driving energy initiatives which have immediate and local impact, and leave a legacy of sustainability for generations to come.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.