Leidos is looking for a Senior Software Developer to support the ESA V program in Lorton, VA. ESA V is an IT applications and infrastructure services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice (DOJ). The program provides a range of IT services, including software application support, enterprise infrastructure support, service desk, ITSM, deskside support, workstation engineering and maintenance, telecommunications and mobility engineering services, managed print services, Active Directory services, and video conferencing.
This customer unit is responsible for providing field communications support to their field agents, officers and investigators worldwide. This position will provide software development services to manage and maintain web applications that support the field communications systems deployed by our customer. Work hours are Monday through Friday, 9am – 5pm.
This position requires working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will be personable and articulate, and will focus on making sure that the customer’s needs are met quickly and effectively. He or she will be a self-starter who can work with limited supervision. Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers to understand requirements, issues and mission needs, and then to be able to translate them into actions.
- Learn a new Government system, and become the single Subject Matter Expert for all software issues associated with this system
- Independently provide software development and operations and maintenance (O&M) support for a mission-critical government system; support the system as the only software developer on the team, requiring broad and deep knowledge across the applicable technologies
- Quickly, effectively and independently resolve complex software-related issues associated with a mission-critical government system
- Work solely with customers to specify web application requirements, timelines & milestones
- Write code in an industry best practices manner that is consistent with FISMA guidelines
- Ensure code is backed up using an agreed upon version control system; code will be stored within a specified secure storage system
- Ensure code is commented liberally using an agreed upon code commenting standard
- Maintain a production environment and a test environment such that operational code (code being used by clients/customers is not broken or compromised due to ongoing development)
- Schedule maintenance windows to rollout new versions, features or fix bugs
- Maintain bugfix documents, how-tos & application documentation
- Ensure old code is not stored on laptops, servers or desktops such that unintended release of the code could compromise operational security
- Bachelor’s degree with 12+ years of experience or a Masters degree with 10+ years experience. High school diploma with 4+ years experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information. US Citizenship is required. Current clearance is not required, but selected individual cannot start the assignment until the required security clearance is granted by the customer.
- Experience providing O&M support to complex, mission-critical systems
- Experience working independently to troubleshoot and correct operational issues
- Experience as a Subject Matter Expert on software systems
- Experience working closely with customers and users to troubleshoot and resolve complex user issues
- Ability to work and brief customer to include senior management
- Experience with PHP
- Experience with HTML 4/5, CSS, MariaDB SQL Experience establishing goals and meeting project plan objectives
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer interface experience
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Business Analysis/Requirements Development Experience
- Agile Software Development Experience
- Technical Writing and Documentation Experience
- Security Engineering Experience
- Government contracting experience, particularly with the DOJ
- DOJ Clearance
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Come join our rapidly growing team and enjoy these benefits:
- Accrue 3 weeks of PTO during your first year
- Get ten paid holidays a year
- Access to benefits on day one including medical and dental insurance
- Employee discounts
- Company HSA contribution
- Excellent 401K
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.