The Manager, Sourcing Operations, IT Purchasing role is responsible for day-to-day operations of IT Hardware purchasing for the corporation. Implements strategies related to successful execution of IT purchasing to ensure products are delivered on time and represent the best value for Leidos and its customers. Assists with supplier assessments, reviews and negotiations of terms and conditions, and program procurement coordination activities for the IT commodity category. Will possess knowledge of FAR and DFAR and other federal procurement regulations. Responsible for organizational development of the IT Purchasing function, manages team performance and ensures employee training and growth.
- Supplier contract negotiation and administration; supplier development, sourcing, and driving cost savings.
- May engage in supplier relationship management; regulatory compliance, and risk management activities to support buying team and supply chain goals.
- Communicates with stakeholders across the organization to ensure customer and program requirements are met through the procurement process.
- Requires ability to collaborate cross-functionally regarding policies, practices and procedures.
- Manages a mid-sized team consisting of IT commodity buyers. Leads, directs, and reviews the work of professional buyers and supports team as needed.
- Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within IT Purchasing product area.
- Develops or reviews prime contract flowdown documents to ensure compliance with prime contract requirements and to minimize company liability.
- Support internal/external audit activities, including Purchase Order file reviews, as well as, data request from internal / external customers.
- Focus on development and training of staff.
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience, additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 2+ years of demonstrated success supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations. Must have experience with all contract types and a working knowledge of FAR/DFAR
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Process improvement experience.
- Knowledge in government contracts, municipal, and commercial contracts preferred.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with executive management and staff regarding Procurement issues with high degrees of complexity and work issues to resolution.
- CostPoint experience preferred.
- Experience negotiating terms and conditions or license agreements preferred.
- Knowledge of IT products
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.