Leidos is looking for a .NET Developer to join our team in Washington, DC to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). Our team is currently working remote but after COVID restrictions are lifted, this person would need to report to the Washington DC office 2 days a work and can continue to work remote the other 3 days. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following requirements:
- Analysis, design, development, implementation and support of FAA’s mission-critical applications using .NET technologies
- Development of enterprise applications using Microsoft technologies within a distributed (n-tier) architecture that interact with Oracle and MS SQL Server databases
- Apply good technical practices and contribute to the application architecture with a focus on scalability, maintainability, security, and performance.
- Design system and program test data, debug programs using appropriate system tools and ensure system and program results are accurate to meet specifications
- Work with agile development team on release planning, sprint planning, scoping, and engaging with customers
- Verify accuracy, safety, and completeness of projects by implementing comprehensive unit testing with sample data.
- Provide daily customer and production support including production issues, enhancements, maintenance and training
- Assist, coach and mentor other Software Developers
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related equivalent experience and 8 to 12 years of relevant experience or Masters Degree with 6 to 10 years of relevant experience. A combination or industry certifications, education and prior relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Relevant experience should be with service-oriented, multi-tier Architecture, and implementation of scalable, high-performing ASP.NET web applications.
- Strong development expertise using Micro Services or Service Oriented Architecture to design flexible and scalable applications.
- Experience using the following Architecture Patterns and Programming language model: MVC, MVVM and OOP
- Knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts (relational and dimensional)
- Understanding of data integration issues (validation and cleaning), familiarity with complex data and structures
- Strong SQL Query development skills and experience
- Background and experience working with Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle Database
- Strong understanding of Software development lifecycle
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Solid understanding of Agile Project Management methodologies.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) certification is a plus.
- Experience architecting and implementing fault tolerant .NET web-based applications using Cloud platforms. Deep understanding of DevOps engineering framework.
- Familiarity with the Federal Government work environment.
- Experience with the FAA IT security compliance process.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.