The Leidos Public Health group is currently recruiting a Data Architect to support our expanding business in Atlanta, GA.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
Facilitates development of overall data architecture strategy, framework, and roadmap, aligning to the broader enterprise architecture (application, process, technology, security, etc.).
Develop logical and physical data model for data centric applications and data visualization projects
Ensures that business needs are or will be met by the long-term architecture solution.
Provides standards and guidelines for usage of the architecture.
Develops and implements governance for the architecture.
Evaluates the reusability of current data for additional analyses and conducts data cleansing to rid the system of old, unused or duplicate data.
Develop and implement procedures for effective data management.
Create rules, procedures and technology to enhance interoperability and promote data sharing.
Assess system performance and make recommendations for software, hardware, and data storage improvements.
Assist with recognizing and upholding digital security systems to protect sensitive information.
Performs data modeling, data design, and metadata and repository creation. Reviews object and data models and the metadata repository to structure the data for better management and quicker access.
Ensure adherence to legal and agency regulations on data usage and management
- BS degree, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience and at least 8 years of experience or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Strong technical background in data repository technologies such as SQL Server, MongoDB, and/or Hadoop
- Strong understanding of interoperability concepts, techniques, and technologies
- Experience development and/or managing automated ETL data pipelines using tools such as Microsoft SSIS, and R
- Experience supporting data visualization and analytic solutions
- Exceptional soft skills including teamwork, collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Excellent analytical, technical skills, communications skills, and organizational skills.
- Previous experience leading data architectural and management activities at CDC or another federal agency
- Solid understanding of federal IT security standards, HL7, and/or Electronic Health Record
- Experience in architecting, developing and implementing microservices centric solutions
- Experience in building data analytic solution using latest technologies and techniques
- Experience in applying AI/ML in data management
- Experience working with private or hybrid cloud based data lake
- Experience supporting PowerBI and Tableau solutions
- Hands on experience with Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse, and/or Socrata
- Any relevant technical and/or security certifications
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:NACI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.