Leidos has a need for a motivated Manual/Automated Tester to provide hands on expertise using the latest open source products and best practices. The candidate will be collocated with the SSA government employees and subcontractors at a government facility in Baltimore, Maryland. The candidate must be able to pass a Federal Suitability Check for a position of public trust.
Specifically the successful candidate will be a member of an Agile Team working with other Agile teams, System Architects, Test Architects, Developers, Database Engineers, DevOps, Implementation team, IT Infrastructure & Operations Team and External System Owners to perform testing and quality Assurance activities for applications using open source technologies and products.
Candidate's primary responsibility will be to support advanced Testing working with Selenium, Behavior Driven Development (BDD) Cucumber framework in Java/Agile. environment.
- Proficiency in using test tools like ALM for web application and regression test cases.
- Experience with automation technologies such as Selenium, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Cruise Control, Maven, Junit benchmark.
- Proficiency in using Selenium tool for web application and automating regression test cases (Selenium WebDriver\GRID).
- Comprehensive knowledge of Scrum and Kanban Agile development process and ceremonies including scrums, planning events, backlog grooming, retrospectives and demos.
- Strong communication and collaborative skills in providing technical direction and hands-on software development to include design, development and testing.
- Experience developing test scripts to implement Features, Test Scenarios and Step-Definition for BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber (Gherkins format) using customized test automation framework
- Experience developing Selenium automation framework using Junit/TestNG frameworks and developing Maven targets to execute automation suites.
- Experience with Jenkins Auto jobs, Stash / Bitbucket
- Experience in configuring execution of automated regressions suite using Jenkins CI\CD pipeline.
- Experience maintaining resources in configuration management tools, such as GitHub/SVN repository.
- Experience with Version One management tool
- Automation test results debugging.
Day to Day Duties
- Define, develop and implement software/systems testing standards and procedures and oversee testing across SDLC.
- Collaborate with team members to refine the product backlog items
- Executing and reporting security tests.
- Identifying regression test candidates for automation, planning automation activities across the team and automating test cases.
- Estimating test case writing and execution effort and keeping track of own and team progress.
- Test case authoring and holding test case reviews with stakeholders.
- Execution of test cases including functional, regression, exploratory, performance, load and smoke tests for both web applications and database.
- Reporting defects, tracking, validating and closing.
- Recording test results and reporting them.
- Participation in daily scrum meetings, agile ceremonies and weekly test team meetings.
- Participate in all phases of risk management assessments and software development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection.
- Utilize software testing programs and COTS products in support of BDD testing activities.
- Supporting our metrics program by keeping track and gather metrics on all activities.
- Using metrics in quantitative project management concept to identify areas for improvement.
- Providing innovative solutions for more efficient testing strategy.
- Helps other testers in adopting agile and security test strategies
- Support UAT activities
Education & Experience:
Bachelors + 7 Years of professional experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:ADP2 / IT2
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.