Leidos is seeking a 508 Compliance Expert to support the FFSS contract work with our Federal client in Austin, TX. Work is supporting Veterans Affairs multiple onsite locations.
This position is contingent upon award of FFSS. Award is expected June/ July 2021.
The 508 Compliance Expert must have a thorough understanding of Section 508 of the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and apply this knowledge to create strategies for bringing the maximum functionality to ADA users. 508 compliance experience must be for both IT hardware and software. The 508 compliance expert must have experience in redesigning and/or developing solutions to ensure IT hardware and software compliance if an accessibility problem is detected.
- Assist with the examination process of website files for currency and for compliancy
- Remediate non-compliant Word, PowerPoint and other high-value documents
- Create compliant document templates for application guides and other major documents
- Serve as a compliancy tester for web documents
- Assist with the development of a document compliance strategy for web documents
- Promote section 508 training opportunities for webmasters in Microsoft Word and other applications
- Advise authors, content developers, and staff on how to ensure documents are compliant.
- Direct experience with developing, designing and testing websites to ensure conformance to section 508 accessibility standards
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills, coupled with the ability to assess business requirements
- Operational knowledge of assistive technologies used for web browsing, such as screen readers (JAWS, NVDA), screen magnification software (ZoomText), or speech-direct software (Dragon Naturally Speaking)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with high attention to detail and the ability to communicate complex topics concisely
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to effectively interact with multiple stakeholders within clients and internal teams
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- 5 years experience with 508 Compliance.
- Bachelor's degree or 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Must be US Citizen with ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance. Government contract requirement
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.