Leidos is seeking a talented C++ Software Developer for our Dayton, Ohio office. The candidate will be expected to contribute to hardware/software integration activities as well as other infrastructure-related duties as assigned. The Software Developer should have experience with C++ software engineering with emphasis on autonomy, aircraft sensor/system simulation or hardware integration. The position will involve supporting systems integration activities for the Skyborg System Design Agent addressing fast paced software development needs for the USAF.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop software to support the integration of hardware and autonomy in the SILs
• Support SIL architecture design for incorporating the hardware and software
• Develop software to support the integration of hardware and software on the aircraft
• Support troubleshooting of system and software issues
• Document and communicate proposed software solutions with integrated, cross-functional engineering teams in a fast paced highly technical environment
• Participate in software design and code reviews to ensure delivery of quality products and enhance skillsets
• Bachelor of Science with a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
• Experience programming in one or more of the following languages: C++, Java, C#
• Experienced in systems integration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of complex system problems
• Experience working in a SIL environment
• Experience with aircraft avionics integration and test
• U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain Secret Security Clearance
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally from informal one-on-one discussions or in a small group environment
• Work well within a team and independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to work within a dynamic work environment, ability to handle multiple tasks at once (multi-task)
• Strong C++ Programming Experience
• Familiar with Agile Methodologies, preferably SCRUM or Kanban
• Experience with Atlassian tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket
• Experience with model and simulation environments to support simulation and test
• Experience with Live and Virtual Constructive environments to understand complex systems and troubleshooting points for integration
• The Ability to obtain a TS SCI Security Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.