The Defense Group of Leidos has a Journeyman Systems Administrator position open in Colorado Springs, CO.
Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. The Journeyman System Administrator will support a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, problem and change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks.
This position will report directly to the System Administration Team Lead.
- Deploy, configure, and maintain a VMware virtual environment
- Configure a virtual VMware network
- Strong knowledge of Group Policy Objects
- Deploy and manage Domain Controllers and understanding of the Active Directory Services
- Provides monitoring and updating current and new systems, implementing critical system patches, responding to incidents, scheduling O&M activities and coordination of all customer related issues
- Provide subject matter expertise on IT operating systems, computing hardware platforms and systems administration to provide Tier 2/3 support; escalate to Senior System Administrator as needed
- Monitor, organize and work collaboratively in a technological environment to support an established collaborative work environment
- Perform systems engineering functions for new system development efforts or critical system enhancements and patches engineering and configuration management processes
- Develop functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with support teams on systematic enhancements or changes
- Review and update current processes and procedures to ensure their accuracy in accordance with customer requirements and contract policies
- Have the ability to learn and train junior personnel on new system changes as needed
- Perform implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Troubleshoot to determine problems for operating systems, applications, network, or mobile issues
- Actively manage incident tickets and provide status updates on tickets
- Provide system and application diagnoses to remediate issues while engaging other teams as needed
- High School diploma with 3+ years of relevant experience or Bachelors degree with 2+ years of relevant experience. Additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Must hold an active Secret security clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance
- General understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP
- Able to do a basic configuration of a access switch
- Able to configure a physical server out of the box
- Must be available for on-call support as required
- Day-to-day fluency using Microsoft Active Directory to manage policies & user objects
- Knowledge of security policies and general vulnerabilities management
- Bachelor's degree in associated field
- Knowledge of Virtual Desktop Environments
- Experience with VMware Horizon View
- Experience with Cloud environments
- Proven knowledge of computer security principles and DoD security protocols
- SQL programming experience
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills.
- Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts
- Familiarization of NORAD/USNORTHCOM missions and DOD regulations and directives
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Systems Support
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.