Leidos is looking for a Technical Support Specialist to contribute as a team member of the client Technical Support Team. The candidate will interact directly with the system end-users to facilitate day-to-day transactions, such as desktop deployments, account administration, provisioning access to hardware, software and various system resources, to include troubleshooting.
In addition to providing customer service, the Technical Support Specialist candidate will provide customer service, assisting users when needed. The candidate will perform operation and maintenance on various physical and virtual servers, desktop equipment, network printers and scanners. The candidate should be familiar with active directory, Jira/Confluence, Microsoft Office, Configuration Management and Active Directory.
- Provide basic to mid-level technical customer support across multiple, disparate systems
- Facilitate configuration management, hardware/software procurement, and operations and maintenance efforts
- Assists in the operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting of various production and test environments
- Interface with end users and support program training events
- Provide customers access to specified applications, databases and shared files
- Process customer requests, verify authorization, obtain approvals and serve as a liaison between end-users and other members of the Technical Support Team
- Build, configure and deploy common Windows based desktop hardware and software solutions
- Draft technical support documentation as required
- Use of issue tracking system to facilitate managing tasks and documenting resolutions
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Requires BS +4 or a Masters +2 years of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology or related technical field
- Experience with Customer Service, Technical Support and system administration functions within a distributed Microsoft Windows domain
- Administering and troubleshooting zero/thin-client MS Windows desktop solutions (ex. VMware Horizon)
- Strong configuration management and technical writing skills related to creating/editing design documents, test plans, drawing packages, training packages, standard operating procedures (SOPs), defect reports
- Ability to explain policies, procedures and technical information clearly and accurately, both verbally and in writing
- Working knowledge of industry standard security principles, information security best practices and related technologies
- Effective use of issue tracking systems
- Familiarization with system back-up and IT asset management/inventory solutions
- IT industry professional certifications (MCSA/MCSE, A+, HDI, ITIL)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.