Leidos has a challenging and exciting opportunity for a self-motivated, experienced Windows System Administrator/Help Desk Support Specialist to join our team supporting a nationally significant and fast-paced program that uses Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology. The new program provides system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
The selected individual will be responsible for providing System Administration support for over 20 training classrooms. She/he will field phone calls from customers and end users in support of their training classrooms and will thoroughly document user issues in program tools and tickets. She/he will resolve issues whenever possible and be responsible for coordinating with other program technical staff when additional support is required to ensure issues are resolved through to completion. Issues may range from a government off the shelf (GOTs) client software issue to network connectivity issues. The selected candidate will be responsible for daily/weekly maintenance activities in order to keep the training classrooms running smoothly. She/he will be required to learn and understand dependencies across hardware and software components. Cross-team coordination and collaboration will be required to complete most tasks.
- Provide front-line communication and incident support to customers with hardware, software, and application problems.
- Document issues, status, incident resolution, and lessons learned in incident database tools.
- Provide in-person and remote troubleshooting support to customers, who are both internal and to the program.
- Monitor system availability and assist with fine-tuning system performance.
- Diagnose system configuration issues.
- Update and provide input for standard operating procedures.
- Assist Networking Engineers in identifying and troubleshooting network problems.
- Provide polite and friendly customer service.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field and at least 4 years of related experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Must have experience troubleshooting Windows Operating System and application issues.
- Must have experience with Windows System Administration and troubleshooting.
- Must have network configuration and troubleshooting experience.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience working on an IT Help Desk supporting end users.
- Must have experience with remote troubleshooting through diagnostics tool and techniques.
- Must have the ability to learn, understand, and articulate complex issues in a short period of time.
- Must have a solid understanding of information security principles and practices.
- Must have experience with or familiarity with software and security architectures.
- Must be capable of responding very quickly to customer inquiries in a clear, concise manner, to include providing detailed and comprehensive status reports and follow-ups.
- Must possess strong analytic abilities and must be detail-oriented and meticulous and careful in the execution of all tasks.
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices including compliance with maintenance windows and change control procedures.
- Must be able to work normal duty hours (0800-1630 M-F) but be flexible depending on workload and training/testing events.
- Must be a self-starter with strong collaboration skills and strong and effective communications.
- Background in cryptographic key management and systems.
- Experience in a System Administration role supporting a software configuration management and development environment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.