A Senior Software/System Architect develops and maintains business, systems, and information processes to support enterprise mission needs; develops and supports IT Monitoring requirements that describe baselines and target architectures for performance and availability monitoring. Senior Software/System Architect must have working knowledge and understanding of information systems, application architecture and code, requirement analysis, database development concepts, and basic project management knowledge. Must have experience with test and implementation techniques with cross-functional systems, ensuring system meets the technical needs of the business client. Researches new and emerging technologies. Supports the development of enterprise technical strategies and makes recommendations for new tools, technologies and platforms to be implemented on an enterprise-wide basis. Develops Technical Architecture Standards for enterprise-wide implementation. Develops Technical Quality guidelines and standards for enterprise-wide implementation. Provides technical leadership, coaching, and mentoring to application development teams. Engages customers to provide or solicit information, perform technical analyses, provide consultative services, influence others to take new technical directions, or maintain state-of-the-art knowledge regarding the latest trends in monitoring capabilities.
The Senior Software/Systems Architect should have vast experience in assessing various products, tools, and approaches for data management. Must have ability to clearly define risks and benefits of various approaches for a given need. Is able to create overarching strategies for design as it relates to monitoring the application, infrastructure, interfaces and critical business transactions to provide a comprehensive set of service level metrics and key performance indicators that will reflect the overall health and operational status of the application, system or services including very specific information about the critical infrastructure and components.
Required Skills and Certifications:
- Must be able to identify strategies for addressing requirements. Must have extensive experience with analysis of requirements against performance issues. Has extensive experience in taking program requirements and can create an architecture vision having experience in high volume and high availability networks and systems.
- Experienced in creating and conveying to team members the architectural vision for a program or project.
- Must be able to obtain system administration certificates required for this role and meet required VA policies and procedures for system administrator. Experience in establishing and enforcing standards and practices. Overseeing and providing technical advice for performance and availability monitoring requirements for key performance indicators and has a working knowledge of the software development lifecycle process.
- Leads and works on complex technical projects and project planning sessions or serves as a subject matter expert on monitoring key performance indicators and metrics with members of the business unit(s).
- Experienced with various implementation techniques for cross-functional systems, ensuring system meets the technical needs of the business client. Provides subject matter expertise for small to large projects that have enterprise-wide impact.
- Develops and maintains technical relationships as well as consults, develops and coordinates cross-functional or enterprise-wide system integration efforts to support end to end visibility of the critical application business function.
- Provide analytical expertise in the design of customer solutions for the analysis of monitoring a wide range of infrastructure, application and Cloud based platforms, and in systems planning with vendors and project managers.
- Master’s degree (computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline) and 10 years of prior relevant experience. 10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Experience in assessing various products, tools, and approaches for data management including interfaces, up and down stream application and systems impacts, critical business transactions and associated key performance indicators.
- Must have the ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
- Experience in requirements analysis, interface design, rapid prototyping, testing and evaluation, utilizing user-centered design processes
- Experience in establishing and enforcing standards and practices.
- Experience installing required tools and creating user and executive level tool dashboards
- Prior VA experience and familiarity with VA’s Product Portfolio
- Understanding and experience with human factor engineering
- IT Healthcare background is highly desirable
- Experience with enterprise command and control operations is also highly desirable
- Familiarity with application, infrastructure and interface performance.
- Has extensive experience in taking program requirements and is able to create an architecture vision having experience in high volume and high availability applications, networks and systems.
- Ability to create overarching strategies for design and development of user interfaces that present actionable and retrospective data in a user friendly and streamlined format.
- Must have extensive experience in the coordination of program and project leaders to identify requirements for system architecture.
- Experienced with conducting seminars, lectures, and/or briefings on project developments and on technology advances to senior systems analyst, systems programmers and managers, and to high-level VA managers from IT Operations Services (ITOPS), and other VA Organizations.
- Able to conduct and submit business case analysis regarding proposed or planned software/hardware systems for possible improvements, and alternative monitoring strategies.
- Evaluate and provide recommendations for acquiring productivity improvement tools for IT Infrastructure, Services and Applications Monitoring
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies with Scrum, and Sprint is highly desirable.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.