The Leidos Civil NISC IV program has an opening for a Simulation Technician Specialist to the support the Federal Aviation Administration in Oklahoma City, OK. The Sim Tech Specialist will function as a Subject Matter Expert for the FAA’s Flight Simulator program to ensure the equipment is operational to avoid disruptive or negative impact to the training session/schedule.
The Sim Tech Specialist will:
- Evaluate and analyze the simulator systems design (including software / hardware) and make recommendations for system updates and improvements
- Function as onsite SME for the simulators by providing guidance on simulation functionality and training
- Identify issues and implement solutions
- Ensure optimal system functionality and availability through the planning and completion of preventative maintenance including software / hardware updates of all associated equipment & systems
- Run diagnostics and visual alignments to maintain accurate simulator capabilities
- Repair any issues to include equipment parts test/validation, as a part of the routine maintenance of the equipment.
- Utilize and update FAA maintenance management system/database to track and record maintenance activities
- Perform daily pre-flight and post-flight operational checks of simulators and provide monthly operational and non-operational reports to Task Manager and COR
- Manage the logistics of procurement for software / hardware updates, installation and testing/validation
- Bachelors' degree in Electrical Engineering or related field and 8+ years of experience analyzing and developing solutions to ensure optimal simulation functionality
- Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Certificate of training for Frasca fixed wing and rotary-wing flight training devices
- Frasca certificate of training must include a 4-day maintenance training for the Piper Seminole AATD (serial number 11297-001, 11298-001) and Eurocopter EC135 (serial number 7500-001).
- Strong verbal and written communication
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.