Leidos is seeking an Infrastructure Solutions Architect II (DevOps Engineer) for a Shift Work role in the Vienna, VA area to work onsite supporting the DHMSM contract. The DHMSM program provides modernization of Electronic Health Record (EHR) capabilities for the Department of Defense. The Leidos Partnership for Defense Health (LPDH) is seeking candidates for the engineering team to support a number of positions to define, implement, deploy and sustain new capabilities for the MHS GENESIS DoD EHR system.
- Provide Tier 3 DevOps engineering support to support the user community, manage active directory, and employ best practice in trouble-shooting and resolving tickets received from the user community
- Coordinate software development engineering support, as required, to resolve tickets.
- Support the scheduling and execution of pipeline build and deployment activities within the project cloud computing environments.
- Follow DHMSM established Change Management (CM) and Release Management (RM) practices
- Contribute to the design and use of Infrastructure as Code (analyze, design, build, test, deploy, support) for large scale infrastructure implementations
- Assist in the introduction of new capabilities and the enhancement or troubleshooting of existing capabilities; Ability to understand/learn new technologies when encountered
- Build and implement as per detailed designs, data flow diagrams, and contribute to final design and development documentation.
- Integrate commercial products with custom developed solutions to meet functional requirements while working within the guidelines of the client’s infrastructure
- Communicate with Product Team Owners, application development and integration teams, network teams, and application security teams
- Work independently within a matrixed organization
**** SUPPORT SHIFT WORK, initially Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-8:00PM (EST), with potential to expand to Monday-Friday, 24 hours/day with notice.
- BS Degree and 6-12 years of prior relevant experience.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain and maintain ADP2/IT2 Public Trust. Federal Government requirement.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, architecture, and implementation
- Implementation experience with:
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) design, deployment, migration, and sustainment
- AWS (e.g.: SECDEVOPS Engineer experience, service management, container to cluster migration)
- Linux (RHEL or Debian/Ubuntu)
- Ansible, Terraform, GitLab UI pipeline
- Scripting in the form of BASH/shell or Python or Golang (Go)
- HashiCorp (Packer, Terraform, Consul, Vault)
- Ensuring small project compliance with corporate/program technical guidelines
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to communicate technical concepts
- Demonstrated self-starter and team contributor with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of software development (including testing) methodologies, and cross functional experience throughout various life-cycle phases
- Selected candidate willing to work shift work role
- Highly desirable to have Kubernetes experience (Rancher Federal)
- Implementation Experience with:
- Pexip video
- Git, GitLab (CI/CD pipeline)
- Redis - Elasticache
- Atlassian Jira and Confluence, Remedy &/or ServiceNow queue administration
- JumpCloak / Keycloak OIDC
- Large scale infrastructure implementation and sustainment
- Cybersecurity issue resolution, STIG application
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.