The Defense Group of Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to support efforts for the OCONUS Enterprise Network (ONE-Net) portion of the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) contract located in Manama, Bahrain.
SMIT is the largest IT services program for the Navy; inclusive of cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport.
Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The Project Manager will exhibit strong management and communication skills, with the ability to manage competing priorities, and communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Exhibit an understanding of IT project management concepts, inclusive of scope, schedule, cost, resource, communication, risk, and stakeholder management.
- Responsible for the coordinating team efforts, in order to analyze current IT program execution efforts and inventory, and determine measures required to improve, or maintain processes in order to meet customer requirements.
- Responsible for assisting the Government Project Manager in all aspects of Project Planning, Execution, and Close to include: establishing scope in order to meet schedule requirements; identifying resource needs, directing personnel to perform tasks, communicating with Project stakeholders, conducting monitoring and control checks, and reporting progress to Program Management
- Update Project Tracker for Daily Status Report (DSR) Requirements
- Oversee IT knowledge and equipment asset transfer, ensuring that personnel are prepared to assume duties in order to meet defined schedule and scope requirements
- Develop and manage a collaborative work environment, working with personnel to ensure that comprehensive knowledge transfer activities associated with job functions and daily tasks are successfully conducted
- Identify and document skill enhancements/training needed based upon observation of actual performance versus documented site Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Manage “as-is” information, inclusive of technical baseline documentation, SOPs, local procedures for security/onboarding, workload data (tickets), historical SLR performance and tools used to capture performance metrics
- Manage staff to conduct asset inventories; directing asset reconciliations, inventories, and configurations across sites
- Establish and maintain transparent and respectful working relationships with customer and Program Management leadership, and subordinates
- US Citizenship and a DoD Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree and 9 years of previous experience managing Projects
- Additional years of related work experience may be substituted for a degree at the hiring managers discretion.
- Experienced with the development and management of program documentation, inclusive of a risk register, standard operating procedures, basis of estimates, and other program documentation
- Exhibit leadership qualities required to coordinate and lead meetings to drive progress associated with assignments
- Previous experience with executing program baselines, identifying variances, and communicating issues in a timely manner
- Prior personnel management experience with the ability to drive successful completion of projects and deliverables
- Ability to maintain discretion associated with staffing and cost requirements
- In-depth knowledge of Program/Project Management principles and concepts (WBS, PWS, IMS, RACI, Risk Management)
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- ITIL v3 or v4 Foundations Certification
- Compliant with DoD 8570 IAT Level II (Security+, CCNA Security, etc.)
- OS certification (MTA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, etc.)
- Demonstrated hands-on knowledge of networking technologies and data centers
- Experience with change management; with the ability to implement processes, while addressing political considerations
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.