This position provides support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the Strategic Business Intelligence Team (AJW-2120).
Responsibilities will include:
- Serve in a position of leadership over critical objectives where decision making is of utmost concern to the outcome
- Collect requirements for a new IT solution and provide recommendations for scalability and usability of the IT system/s
- Facilities Asset Inventory (FAI) Support:
- Act as the point of contact for requirements collection and communicating with the IT team, SMEs and customers on a regular basis
- Use project management skills when working with the IT team and facilitating discussions around requirements, user stories and schedule/s and support FAI data Call efforts
- Responsible for technical planning and coordination between Agile teams and business needs
- Provide Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and metrics generation and analysis in order to track overall efficiency of software delivery across team
- Support development of full set of assets associated with each of the FAA local IDs under the AJW-2 domain
- Work with the SMEs to verify, validate data and update backlog per SME’s direction
- Support analytics efforts using backlog data and other sets of data (ex: CWP, Primavera)
- Support data science and data analytics initiatives including but not limited to working with data science teams to run predictive machine learning models using industry best practices to generate actionable plans for execution
- Using data from multiple FAA databases, provide analyses and develop presentations for senior leadership consumption
- Develop reports using CWP workbook: reports may include analyses of FY+1, FY+2, FY+3 scenarios and incorporate resources forecast
- Contribute to development of studies and analytics reports, per SMEs’ guidance
- Analyze complex technical data, define issues and opportunities, and coordinate with stakeholders to formulate effective resolutions
Bachelors Degree and 8 years of relevant experience or Masters Degree and 6 years of relevant experience or equivalent experience/combined education.
- Strong integration skills
- Strong communication skills to interface with internal and external customers
- Possess excellent oral and written communications skills
- Possess experience in evaluating alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems that includes performing systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical coordination, integration, system testing, and quality assurance
- Possess ability and technical knowledge for decision making, which may have a critical impact on overall project implementation
- Possesses the ability to negotiate complex scenarios and challenges and devise courses of action to resolve situations with predictable outcomes
- Must possess strong analytical skills and be detail oriented to expand knowledge and add value to the organization
- Engineering or IT background. Certifications: PMP, Certified Scrum Master (CSM), IT Technology Specialist, Oracle Cloud Architect
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
solid knowledge of FAA databases (ex: CWP, Primavera, FSEP), solid understanding of infrastructure and facilities programs; working knowledge of Power BI dashboard reports to visualize SQL data; data analysis and reporting
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.