Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
This position operates on a shift basis (covering 24/7 service delivery) and involves providing systems administration support to end users of the biometric Services. The Service Desk function is responsible for Access, Event, Incident, Request and Problem Management activities.
To keep the HOB SCBP services operational by
- performing system administration tasks as defined by the Operating Procedures
- routinely monitoring the system using the software and hardware tools provided
- responding appropriately to errors or faults as notified
- Maintaining information regarding HOB SCBP service activities so as to be able to respond to enquiries.
2. To help resolve fault calls by
- providing assistance and initial information to callers
- identifying and resolving common problems
- documenting solutions
- adhering escalation/elevation processes and procedures
- timely and accurate inputting of data into the call logging system
- Ensuring that Incidents and Service Requests requiring further help are referred to the appropriate agency e.g. 2nd Line Systems Administrators, the Operations Support Group or Field Services provider (SCC), etc.
3. To adhere to the Leidos customer care policy
To abide by the Leidos protocols To promote the success of HOB SCBP Services and Leidos Innovations The role is on a rotating shift basis, 4 day shifts 07:30 to 20:00 hours, 4 days off, then 4 late shifts 13:00 to 01:30 hours. To contribute to the planning and development of the overall service. To undertake duties of a similar level and nature elsewhere in Leidos if necessary to ensure that customer needs are met.
- Experience providing system administration to company /mission critical IT systems and the ability to contribute to their further development.
- Commitment to an ethos of superior service and the ability to work effectively whilst under pressure.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in order to meet the needs of a wide range of external and internal service clients and to develop effective working relationships within Leidos.
- Solid IT troubleshooting skills in order to deal with a wide range of different processes and systems.
- Commitment to working as a member of a team, which responds flexibly to changing pressures and demands.
- An active interest in the development of the Service Desk function and its contribution to the HOB SCBP project as a whole.
- Ability to work in the required environment including satisfactory security clearance (SC + NPPV3). N.B. If clearances are not held, candidates will be required to gain clearances prior to commencing the role.
- Microsoft Windows
- Bespoke Identification software
- Oracle databases
- LANDesk call Logging and Service Management tool set
- In possession of SC & NPPV3 security clearance, or able to gain
- ITIL Foundation in best practise would be advantageous
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.