Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
A Technical Team Lead (Infrastructure & Cloud) is competent across a wide range of infrastructure and cloud technologies including their application and management. A Technical Team Lead also has an area or areas of deeper knowledge, expertise, experience and contributes to the development of solution architecture in specific business, infrastructure or functional areas.
As the senior engineer within a project or service, duties may also include organising and directing engineering staff to meet objectives and formulating aspects of engineering design proposals. The Technical Team Lead is expected to organise the team and be an escalation point for the engineers but also an escalation point for customers where they need assistance or have concerns.
A Technical Team Lead will provide comprehensive guidance on the development of, and modifications to, solution components to ensure that they take account of relevant architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices (including security).
- Technically leading and shaping projects, programmes, and services contributing to bid/proposal activities and leading teams on project and operational managed services engagements in ITIL environments;
- Organising a team of infrastructure and Network engineers to deliver against milestones or in compliance with SLAs / KPIs;
- Eliciting requirements and requirements analysis with customers and colleagues;
- Infrastructure design (HLD/LLD), documentation, implementation consultation and support escalation;
- Methodical estimation of design, implementation and handover activities;
- Confidently advise on appropriate technology, use of technology, and emerging technologies;
- Influencing cechnology selection, the project budget and collaborating with stakeholders to design implementation schedule;
- Ensuring solutions align with technical and procedural security requirements;
- Authoring, reviewing and approving documentation for users, customers, partners, support teams and project engineers;
- Coaching, assessment and reviewing the work of more junior technical staff.
- Proven team leadership skills or managing project teams and operational service teams in an ITIL environment;
- Have excellent analysis and problem solving skills, taking ownership of complex problems ensuring these are resolved to the satisfaction of the customer;
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Have experience of producing and updating technical documentation to a high standard.
Broad and deep skillset across on-premises and Cloud technologies including:
- Technical design expertise across on premises and Cloud technologies;
- Excellent knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure;
- Have excellent knowledge of virtualized environments such as VMware and Hyper-V;
- Have excellent knowledge of Windows Server Environments, from Server 2012R2 – 2019, including OS build, AD, DNS, DHCP and GPO from design to implementation and support;
- Have good general knowledge of networking technologies including load balancing and firewalls (Cisco, Palo Alto);
- Have good general knowledge of Microsoft Stack technologies such as MS SQL, MS System Centre, Office365, MS Exchange & CLI tooling such as PowerShell;
- Have good general knowledge of SAN Storage Technologies (NetApp / DellEMC);
- Have good experience of monitoring technologies such as Solarwinds
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Field Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.