The Homeland Security Solutions (HSS) Operation of the Intel Group is seeking a qualified Capture Support Manager to support the pursuit of opportunities across the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
The Capture Support Manager must thrive in an environment where she/he is responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. The Capture Support Manager works directly with Business Developers, Capture Managers and Program Managers to refine our win strategy through technical solutions development, effective teaming, staffing and pricing strategies. This individual works with a capture team to advance opportunities through the pipeline and develop winning proposals. Tasks associated with this role may include teaming analysis and scope definition, competitive intelligence & assessments, development of marketing materials, capture planning, writing of white papers and request for information responses, win theme workshops and proposal development.
The ideal candidate will have worked across many different captures and many different support roles. Characteristics necessary for success include: the ability to gain internal support and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers. The position requires excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Perform market research to include customer preferences, competitive analysis and incumbent strengths and weaknesses.
- Conduct market research in the DHS market to support the Operation’s strategy and pipeline development.
- Coordinate and participate in meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop win strategy for specific opportunities.
- Develop materials and read-aheads to support customer meetings, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, proposal kickoff materials and proposal reviews.
- Write RFI responses and white papers.
- Proposal writing, proposal management and leadership of management and technical volumes to include project management plans, basis of effort development, technical volumes, past performance and staffing plans.
- Assist the HSS BD Operations lead (and backfill the lead when necessary) ensuring all BD data accuracy in WinIt and reconciliations with contracts and finance, facilitating monthly group pipeline reviews, Closest-to-the-Pin updates, Wins and Losses tracking, coordination of Trade Shows, consolidation and dissemination of weekly 5x15 reports, and supporting establishment of charge numbers.
- Interacts routinely with all levels of Division, Operation and Group management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers, and follow through on tasking
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related field and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters and 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Travel as required, based on negotiated work location, up to 25% per month to support capture team meetings, industry events and proposal development efforts, which may require overnight stays.
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports.
- Ability to obtain Top Secret clearance.
- Prior business development experience in the DHS/FBI market
- 2+ years program management or business development experience a plus.
- Capable of growing into a capture manager role for larger opportunities.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Top Secret Clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Capture Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.