***This position allows for 100% remote work***
Leidos is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team supporting the United States Antarctic Program (USAP).
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for:
- Planning technology implementations.
- Working as part of a team to design system hardware, software, and network components; and working throughout the integration, verification and validation, and fielding phases.
- Evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability, and outcome analyses for total systems.
- Systems that are most frequently deployed in our environment include user and management software applications, network upgrades and revisions, and new hardware components (tablets/handhelds/new devices) for integration into current work streams.
- A key part of this position is to perform trade studies and analyses of alternatives for proposed and upcoming projects to ensure incoming systems are compatible in our distributed environment.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Systems requirements analysis, including working directly with area leadership and key stakeholders to capture mission needs.
- Functional analysis, including working with architects and engineers to determine the most viable implementation path.
- Timeline analysis, including working with project managers to create a realistic and achievable delivery sequence.
- Trade studies, including assessing existing, new, and upcoming technologies that may improve the operational efficiency or safety of the Program.
- Requirements allocation and interface definition, ensuring user and mission needs are met through the delivery of systems and services.
- Technical management, including the creation of relevant technical artifacts and documents to support system delivery, integration, system testing, and quality assurance.
This position is also responsible for the creation and curation of technology systems catalogs for hardware/software assets and inventory in all operating locations around the world. This includes the assessment of current systems against user/mission needs and the IT service catalog to identify opportunities for service delivery improvement.
- BS and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Prior relevant experience includes leading trade studies, performing technology product assessments, systems of systems analysis, and technology planning and cataloging.
PHYSICAL AND / OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Deployment to Antarctica may be required in this position, at the discretion of management. This position requires successful completion of the National Science Foundation (NSF) physical, dental, and psychological examinations for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. US citizenship or permanent residency is required.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Integrated Missions Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
Key Programs and/or Capabilities:
- Antarctic Support Contract (ASC)
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Energy and Environment
- Engineering Services
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.