The Leidos NISC IV program is looking for an experienced IT Team Lead to join our team in Washington, DC and support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The ideal candidate must be able to handle multiple mission critical IT projects from new development to sustainment. The candidate must have hands-on experience architecting and overseeing large and complex IT projects while ensuring a quality outcome and setting customer expectations.
This position will require the candidate to be responsible for ensuring that customer needs are satisfied through managing and coordinating specific informational technology deliverables, the overall project plan, budget, structure, schedule and staffing requirements. The candidate will be responsible for coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection, promotion, hiring, firing, training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions. The candidate will require ability to influence others outside of own area on policies, practices and procedures. The candidate will manage a team of experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and at least 12 to 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 to 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience in the areas of software architecture, cloud computing, and DevOps.
- Experience with the FAA IT security compliance process.
- Experience providing guidance and direction for multiple IT projects simultaneously. Experience handling a team of professionals.
- Demonstrated project management capabilities including: ability to lead evaluation of scope, resources, risk, dependencies, communications, and technical path forward on project.
- Demonstrated experience orchestrating, developing and sustaining IT solutions in large and complex application environments.
- Experience in managing the full System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using waterfall, Agile or a combination of both.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of Agile methodology including Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience with ASP.NET Model View Controller (MVC) and ASP.NET Form applications, GIT, web services oriented architectures, MS SQL and Oracle database.
- Experienced with implementing and using configuration management for multi-environment IT applications.
- Experience using SharePoint, JIRA and Microsoft Project.
- Demonstrated ability to engage customers to resolve root cause issues in a positive, non-adversarial manner.
- Proven leadership skills, independent worker, and able to deliver with minimal or no supervision.
- Great organization skills to prioritize, follow up, deliver, and communicate status of assigned actions.
- Deep analytical skills to understand complex procedural problems, identify root causes, and provide solutions.
- Able to successfully handle customers’ expectations. Demonstrated customer-facing stance.
- Experience with conducting research on specified topics, determining conclusions, and presenting the results in a logical and concise manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust.
- Master’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Technology or related field.
- Previous experienced as backend developer for IT applications with complex business rules.
- Software Architecture Professional Certificate
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Familiarity with FAA configuration management and transitioning systems to operations including change control board, Application Data Center (ADC), Enterprise Data Center (EDC) and MKS tickets.
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture, DOT and NIST Security and Privacy Standards, and Contingency Planning guidelines.
- Skilled in the use of Systems Engineering management tools.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.