As the largest provider of IT services, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems a number of US federal agencies as well as international agencies. Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the United Kingdom Home Office Biometrics program located in Fairmont, WV or Vienna Va.
The current HOB Program is focused on maximizing the public safety benefits of fingerprints, DNA and facial matching. With biometric technology developing at pace, and with new biometrics emerging rapidly, this landscape brings with it a number of important choices for Government, especially how to maximize the potential benefits to the public whilst protecting the privacy of the individual and addressing any potential impact of data aggregation. The HOB Program will transform the existing biometrics capabilities into a technically converged, but commercially disaggregated, strategic biometrics capability.
- Working with a team of software engineers who are guiding the team as far as software coding assignments in support of projects and maintenance releases for the UK IDENT1 system.
- Working closely with senior members of the software team, receive assignments and unit test coding changes before being sent to the testing team.
- Develops software code to the standards as prescribed by the Software Team lead and the Software architect on the project.
- Member of the Agile team, this role is guided by senior members of the team using a tailored SAFe Agile Scrum process.
- Assist in the documentation needed for the software changes and follows all Configuration Management guidelines for the project.
- Perform automated testing and unit testing for all software changes
- Working closely with the test team, assist in troubleshooting software changes or issue during formal testing phase.\
- This role uses best practices and patterns to perform design, development using Java and C.
- Duties also include participating in daily scrums, performing software requirements analysis, risk identification, risk mitigation, and collaboration across Agile teams.
- Must be a US Citizen and have at least DoD Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain a UK Clearance
- BS Degree and 4-8 years of relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Have recent experience with developing software code in C/C++/Java and an appreciation for the SDLC
- Ability to work independently and/or under supervision
- Participate in the development of documentation.
- Support the Agile software development lifecycle.
- Use of industry leading tools like GitHub, Jenkins, Unix bash scripting
- Perform systems software development, including deployment of build artifacts across different environments leverage GitFlow constructs
- Leverage Atlassian tool suite like JIRA and Confluence to track activities
- Apply best practices and standard operating procedures
- Certified Scrum Master
- Certified in SAFE
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.