Leidos is seeking a full-time Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to lead a critical program to modernize a U.S. Government agency’s IT infrastructure into a managed services environment to support the rapidly growing demand for secure information across heterogeneous networks and devices and many locations. The CTO will lead the technical strategy, solution development, and execution of systems and infrastructure information technology (IT) and support services. The CTO will provide comprehensive systems engineering oversight, analytical, and technical support services required to deliver a broad range of innovative IT solutions and professional services to modernize U.S. Government legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical and mission-support functions.
- Serve as the Leidos principal IT engineer to provide engineering expertise and guidance for the design, development, and implementation of various IT solutions that enhance overall system performance
- and availability
- Provide technical expertise and analysis support of current infrastructure and communications architectures, systems, and related cyber initiatives for governance and compliance
- Lead the research, analysis, solution design and implementation planning of IT solutions for the modernization of legacy systems and networks
- Drive strategic technological innovation, demonstrating a breadth and depth of knowledge in all things related to a complex, matrixed Information Technology operation in support of the enterprise
- Provide technical knowledge and analysis of high-level functional systems analysis, design, and integration advice on complex matters that require expert level knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation
Required Required Qualifications:
- The individual selected for this position should have a broad technical background spanning many of the technical areas supported by the program, including end user support, infrastructure services, network engineering, cybersecurity, compliance and software development.
- The ability to clearly articulate technical messages for a variety of audiences, both through written and verbal means, will be a critical skill necessary for the success in this position.
- Must have active DOE Q / TS clearance
- Masters degree and 15+ years’ experience engineering and architecting enterprise IT solutions.
- Demonstrated experience with leading migrations of applications and/or systems to the cloud (public, private and hybrid).
- Demonstrated experience transitioning Security and IT operations to Managed Service delivery model.
- Demonstrated expertise in systems engineering, including requirements analysis and system architecture design
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing complex IT solutions in a large scale enterprise (>$60M per year, 4500 end users)
- Demonstrated experience in practical application of life-cycle system engineering for IT infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience designing and modernizing complex enterprise networks and legacy IT systems
- Demonstrated experience applying System Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) processes and best practices comprising concept development, requirements engineering, architecture, design and development, integration, test and evaluation, and operations and maintenance
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in network and cyber security design, engineering and operations
- Experience with NIST SP 800 series or ISO 27000 series documents for information security management and risk assessment
- Demonstrated experience in Secure DevOps/Agile concepts and processes
- Demonstrated experience with server virtualization technologies such as VMware, Citrix, or Hyper-V
- Demonstrated experience with operating systems such as RedHat Linux, Windows Server, or Unix
- Demonstrated experience with configuration tools such as Microsoft SCCM or Tivoli
- Demonstrated experience in ITIL, ISO20000 / ISO27001 implementations
- At least one nationally recognized vendor certification
- Cloud Technical, Business or TCO Accreditation
- Cloud Architect, DevOps or SysOps Associate or Professional Certification
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.