The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Training Specialist to support our ASPR Ready team who will train staff on a new web application.
This candidate must organize, design, and conduct training programs for users. This candidate will be responsible for performing training needs assessments, for designing and delivering curriculum and learning materials, and for managing all phases of the training lifecycle. This candidate should possess excellent communication and presentation skills and enjoy helping others learn and develop their skills.
This role is a telecommuting role and is full time until July at which time it will transition to part time.
- Identify training needs by evaluating users’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Build training plans and programs and prepare teaching plans for virtual environments.
- Formulate training outlines and determine instructional methods, utilizing knowledge of specified training needs and effectiveness of such methods.
- Translate requirements into training that will prepare system users in the functions and features of a new web application.
- Develop and/or oversee the production of classroom handouts, instructional materials, aids and manuals.
- Direct structured learning experiences and monitor their quality results.
- Acclimate new users to the web application functionality and conduct orientation sessions.
- Deliver training courses, visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Assess training effectiveness to ensure incorporation of taught skills and techniques into staff work behavior.
- Keep well-informed of the newest functions and features in the web application.
- Evaluate ongoing features and functions in the application to ensure that they are reflected in the training plan.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor’s of Science and 4+ years or Masters with 2+ years of experience as a training manager and/or an instructor for User Interface (UI)-related tools and/or systems.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess and can demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively and constructively as part of a team.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of users, including senior managers.
- Must possess the ability to design, develop, implement, and evaluate training plans, curricula, and methodology.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of instructional design and learning principles.
- Must possess and can demonstrate the ability to master the full training cycle.
- Must possess adequate knowledge of learning management software.
- Must be familiar with traditional and modern training methods, tools, and techniques.
- Must possess a strong, self-motivated desire to learn new training techniques, tools, and frameworks.
- Must have the ability to complete tasking independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of MS Office products, especially PowerPoint.
- Able to present complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Proven experience in designing multiple training events in a federal government setting.
- Familiar with basic web technologies (HTML, CSS, XML).
- Understand Agile software development process fundamentals.
- Familiar with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, etc.).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,200.00 - $88,000.00 - $118,800.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected]eidos.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.