The Government Health and Safety Solutions group currently has an opening for an Infrastructure Engineering Manager to support a large healthcare contract in Rockville, MD. The Next Generation IT Services (NGITS) – Engineering contract provides enterprise and infrastructure engineering support to the Department of Health and Human Services.
Post Covid will be expected to be onsite 4 of 5 days.
The Infrastructure Engineering Manager is responsible for managing and leading the engineering teams in the following areas:
- Core Infrastructure, which includes Server OS support (Windows and Linux), network storage and back-up (both onsite and cloud), DNS (F5 and BIND), DHCP (both Linux and Microsoft based), Active Directory, VMWare, and print server management.
- Network Engineering, which currently consists of a full Cisco switching/routing stack and Cisco ISE as a NAT solution.
- Security Engineering, which is full stack and supports both endpoint security (Crowdstrike), application security tools such as those offered in the Microsoft E5 Suite (ATP, MCAS, etc.), and infrastructure services such as load balancers (F5), Remote Access (Checkpoint and Palo Alto), and firewalls (Palo Alto).
- Virtual Desktop Engineering and Operational Services utilizing VMWare Horizon and Microsoft Azure.
- Engineering test lab management and maintenance, which currently runs on Dell VxRails.
This individual will provide managerial oversight of the team (combination of Leidos employees and subcontractors) while managing priorities and technical projects for the team. They will work with the Program Manager on technical road map initiatives and resource planning and allocation. They will serve as a senior technical escalation point for issues and challenges the team may face and provide overall feedback and guidance. They will act as a primary interface with the HHS customer and meet regularly with government counterparts to provide status updates, review projects and risks, and go over upcoming priorities. They will also interact and collaborate regularly with other cross-functional engineering teams and contractor teams in support of the HHS customer initiatives.
- Manage and provide guidance and direction to the various infrastructure engineering teams.
- Design, manage, and prioritize workflows and processes for the team to optimize efficiency without sacrificing quality.
- Work with business stakeholders, including direct customers and other contractor partners, on gathering new requests and requirements as well as prioritizing them for assignment by program technology road map.
- Develop technical roadmaps and project plans for the team and manage those projects accordingly.
- Serve as a senior technical advisor to the team and help guide overall strategy.
- Coordinate with members of the Endpoint Engineering team on cross-functional projects and deliverables.
- Ensure adequate documentation is completed for assigned tickets and projects.
- Provide functional and technical written evaluations of products and new engineering solutions.
- Provide technical guidance and coordination with onsite and remote teams.
- Understand client work practices and the nature of their business
- Serve as the primary escalation and management point for Severity calls that impact the above functional areas (i.e. Server, Security, Networking, etc). Directing tasks, sending out Situation Reports to government customers, and making decisions as to the direction of the troubleshooting.
- Write Root Cause Assessment Deliverables for outages in responsible areas caused by Leidos teams, or at the request of the customer.
- Track Tier 3 hours from the teams monthly to provide to Program manager.
- Perform the technical interviews for new hires in responsible functional areas.
- Review and provide approval for all changes at the Engineering Review Board (ERV). Act as voting member on behalf of the Engineering team.
- Assist federal counterparts with tracking and updating maintenance and support lists for a large quantity of hardware and software.
- Ensure all Service Level Agreements are met or exceeded by all infrastructure engineering teams.
- Develop, review, and track all infrastructure engineering related contract deliverables to ensure they are delivered on time and accurately to the government.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and twelve (12) years of general experience. Six (6) years of general experience is considered equivalent to a Bachelor's degree. With a Master's degree, ten (10) years of general experience is required. With a PhD, 8 year of general experience is required.
- Team Management Experience – 5+ years, Proficiency Level of Senior
- Project Management Experience – 5+ years, Proficiency Level of Senior
- Excellent professional presentation, communication and documentation skills
- Must be able to create, implement and enforce processes and policies
- Experience with developing MS Project schedules for multiple teams and projects.
- Experience managing Active Directory (with a good knowledge of Group Policy specifically), Server OS (RHEL, Oracle Linux, Windows Server 2008r2+), DNS/DHCP, and VMWare Esxi v6.0+
- Experience managing infrastructure security systems and tools.
- Experience developing and managing test processes and procedures for various infrastructure engineering projects and teams.
- Experience with Cisco networking solutions and general routing/switching principles
- Experience with Virtual Desktop enterprise solutions –
- Experience in SCCM Administration, Software deployment and Package/Application
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance.
- Active Directory (General) 3-5 years
- Server Operating Systems (Linux – RHEL and Oracle, Windows Server 2008r2 and beyond) – 5+ years
- Microsoft SCCM/(SMS) – 3-5 years
- DNS and DHCP services – 3-5 years
- Endpoint Security Suite – Crowdstrike preferred – 3-5 years
- Cisco Network connectivity and routing/switching concepts – 3-5 years
- Server System image development/software packaging - 3-5 years
- Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Splunk experience – 3-5 years
- VMWare Horizon Virtual Desktop experience – 1 - 2 years
- Ability to coordinate multiple vendor relationships
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.