Primavera P6 Project Scheduler St Louis MO
Leidos Engineering has an opportunity for a Transmission & Distribution Primavera P6 Project Scheduler who will work alongside project managers, construction managers and lead engineers for various clients supported by the Power Delivery Services (PDS) division. The position will be client facing and responsible for creating, maintaining and driving resource and cost loaded schedules using Primavera P6 Scheduling Software.
The Project Scheduler will be part of an established Project Management Office (PMO) within the PDS Division that provides consulting services to both public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities. These consulting services provide clients with overall project management tasks in the areas of comprehensive engineering design of electrical transmission and distribution, substation and transmission line projects nationwide.
• Developing, maintaining and driving engineering and construction schedules for various sized transmission & distribution projects for public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities located throughout the United States
• Work with Project Management using earned value management techniques to ensure that schedule and costs are aligned, including the development of recovery plans, to stay within approved limits
• Partner closely with Engineering Leads and Managers to track and execute client deliverables
• Develop and produce schedule weekly/monthly project control reports for client and internal management review: which includes resource loading analysis and schedules, critical path items and risk analysis
• Interfacing directly with the client and internal management to report progress, schedule and risks across a portfolio of electrical distribution projects
• Assist the project manager with the creation and maintenance of comprehensive project dashboard reports and KPI tracking
• Bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines: Engineering, Construction Management, Business or Finance required with an additional 4+ years’ of relevant Primavera P6 scheduling experience or a Masters with 2+ years of relevant Primavera P6 scheduling experience
• PMP Certification is preferred but not required, however with the desire to obtain PMP Certification within two years
• Must demonstrate recent and in-depth expertise in electric power infrastructure projects within transmission or distribution design
• Must have the capability for planning, organizing, directing and tracking technical efforts on assigned tasks
• Should be capable of tracking cost and schedule status of assigned tasks
• Must be able to interact with customer representatives in an effective manner
• Must have demonstrated success with a team approach to the consulting business
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.