Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Experienced AP (Accounts Payable) Manager
- Looking for an AAT qualified experienced AP Manager
- Responsible for the smooth running of AP and oversight of the full P2P process
Leading a diverse team sited at various location, we are looking for a pro-active, experienced individual to manage all aspects of AP. The core requirement is to build and sustain a quality AP team setting a high standard of output within a tight control framework.
The role will oversee multiple legal entities, six at present and will be critical in supporting the migration of legacy ledgers to the Leidos main ledger, Cost point. This transition is in progress and will complete on 1st October 2021.
This role will report into the Senior Manager – Finance Operations and will work with a wider finance operations team covering AP, Bank and Cash, Billing, Credit card and expenses, Subcontractor time and project setup.
- Management of an onsite and offsite AP team
- Managing the performance of all team members
- Ensuring valid, accurate and timely supplier payments
- Maintaining company-wide prompt payment targets – 85% invoice paid < 30 Days
- Providing periodic reporting and oversight of all AP transactions
- Creating and maintaining process, procedure and training documentation
- Reviewing and improving all UK P2P processes
- The individual will be expected to cover and support all aspect of the team tasks as appropriate:
- Invoice entry – enter invoice information into system
- Invoice review – review invoice formats, ensure valid tax invoices
- Query resolution – follow queries through to resolution
- Monitor open AP and review payment runs
- Reconcile Supplier statements
- Reconcile AP sub ledger
- Research and resolve invoice issues
- Maintain business confidentiality
- The role may be required to support wider team tasks including:
- Auditing expenses
- Posting of journals and month end tasks
- Proven track record in a similar finance or AP role
- Understanding of VAT and tax document rules
- Understanding of basic accounting norms – double entry, general ledgers and sub-ledgers
- Great interpersonal skills and judgement for dealing with both internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to communicate, negotiate and influence effectively
- Enthusiastic self-starter
- An accounting qualification – AAT, part qualified accountant or business studies
- Accounting experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Reporting and analytic tool experience
Leidos Inc acquired a Security Detection and Automation business from L3 in April 2020 and are in the process of completing a migration of the acquired entities onto its main accounting platform. The combined legacy UK business and new business will have a combined invoice volume of around 2000 invoice per month, a significant increase from the legacy volumes. The invoices will be from and to a range of legal entities and branches in multiple regions with a variety of tax implications.
The initial team will be 7-8 strong with an expectation that it will reduce and stabilise be the end of 2021.
Preference is to be located near Bedford.
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Accounts Payable
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.