Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice. From emails and instant messages, to electronic devices, and social media systems, we’re equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference!
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
The e-Discovery Project Coordinator is responsible for providing technical aspects and assisting with strategic and legal aspects for all assigned projects and matters involving electronic discovery.
- Consults with case manager / project manager to effectively develop and apply technical strategies, requirements and goals in order to develop and implement project plans, including data collection, processing, document production and trial.
- Provides input on technology options to respond to specific discovery needs including but not limited to recommendations for products to perform early case assessment, document search, and document reviews in the most efficient, timely, and cost effective manner.
- Participates in legal proceedings, i.e. 26(f) conferences.
- Ensures standard procedures for electronic discovery and litigation support projects are consistently applied across the life of the case.
- Creates statistical reports providing information on collection, filtering, processing, review and productions.
- Performs Relativity workflow tasks, including data management, processing, production and quality control; modifying workflows; training case team on Relativity.
- Creates Case Map / Text Map databases.
- Stays abreast of emerging electronic discovery litigation support technology and processes.
- Maintains current knowledge of available software applications and in area(s) of expertise.
- Contributes to regular briefings on new technology and process improvements with regard to electronic discovery.
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite 5 days a week in Washington, DC (once temporary Pandemic Remote work is over OR when asked to return in the office).
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Minimum 5 years’ experience providing eDiscovery services and litigation support on complex and large cases involving complex eDiscovery challenges.
- Advanced knowledge of Relativity (front end and back end).
- Have demonstrated exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess detailed planning and organizational skills and have a thorough understanding of processes at each stage of eDiscovery lifecycle.
- Candidate must possess solid, broad knowledge of Information Technology infrastructures including networks and other sources of data.
- Prior knowledge and experience managing eDiscovery projects and related technologies required.
- Advanced experience planning eDiscovery efforts.
- Proficiency in a wide range of technologies and be knowledgeable as to eDiscovery industry “best practices” including an understanding of multiple tools and processes associated with large scale complex eDiscovery response.
- Establish compliance with all directives for secured handling of documents.
- Have proven ability to work in a fast-paced production environment while maintaining proper priorities and scheduling on extremely tight deadlines.
- Work as part of a team be able to manage complex relationships with all stake-holders.
- Be well organized, a strong communicator, detail oriented, demonstrate good judgment, be confident working independently.
- Undergraduate degree required and 5+ years of prior relevant experience. Law degree, technical certification, or other pertinent graduate degree strongly preferred.
Additional Attributes to ensure success:
- Able to process and load data to Relativity.
- Perform advanced searches in Relativity; generate dtSearch, Analytics, set up workflows; permissions; and Case Dynamics.
- Provide technical input on 26(f) conference calls.
- Write scripts for workflow / query improvements.
- Able to set up batches in Relativity.
- Generate complex productions out of Relativity.
- In-depth hands on experience with Active Learning (setting up / monitoring / indexing).
- Able to speak to Senior DOJ Management.
- May require extended hours on short notice depending on Production deadlines.
- In-depth hands on experience with Case Map and Text Map.
- Able to obtain Public Trust security clearance.
- Be a U.S. Citizen upfront.
- Certification in eDiscovery program strongly preferred.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.