Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries.
DC3’s mission is to deliver superior D/MM lab services, cyber technical training, technical solutions development, and cyber analytics for the following DoD mission areas: information assurance (IA) and critical infrastructure protection (CIP), law enforcement and counterintelligence (LE/CI), document and media exploitation (DOMEX), and counterterrorism (CT).
Located in Linthicum, Maryland, DC3 components serve the DoD and other U.S. Federal agencies throughout the world. The DC3 organization consists of a mix of military, civilian, and contractor support personnel. The DC3 environment is dynamic and constantly evolving which contributes to priorities frequently changing.
Leidos is seeking a highly qualified candidate for this Key Personnel position for the DC3-DCFL Contract. This is a leadership position supporting the DC3 Computer Forensics Laboratory (CFL). The CFL supports Digital Multi-Media (D/MM) forensic examinations, device repair, data extraction, and expert testimony for DoD agencies Support intrusion and malware analysis.
This position will be co-located with the DC3-DCFL customer in Linthicum, MD. This is a full time position that must work at the customer location and no telework is allowed.
This candidate will have overall Technical and Supervisory responsibilities for the Forensic Examination component of the CFL, reporting directly to the DC3-DCFL Program Manager. This team will support the planning, organization, and execution of digital forensic examinations for a broad range of evidence items submitted to DC3. This work shall be completed in accordance with requirements set forth by the Government and Federal law, the Uniform Code of Military Justice, CFL guidelines and policy, and the DC3 Personnel Handbook. The individual will need to participate significantly in proposal development, including Orals.
- An active Top Secret/SCI Clearance is required.
- BA/BS and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated experience leading technical efforts and supervising teams in a forensics lab environment similar to the scope and complexity of DC3 DC3/CFL.
- Demonstrated experience performing D/MM forensics examinations, analysis, and techniques for law enforcement and CI Investigations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft windows, Apple/UNIX and Linux operating systems as it relates to forensics examinations.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing common digital forensic examination tools, including those referenced (e.g. FTK, EnCase, and X-Ways).
- Demonstrated knowledge of handling digital media evidence and an applied understanding of forensic technician functions.
- Demonstrated experience operating in an ISO: 17025 accredited laboratory.
- Demonstrated expertise in forensic litigation including report writing, expert witness testimony, discovery, and chain of custody.
- Demonstrated experience in both technical and administrative review process.
- Prior experience as a Forensic Examiner supporting the DC3-DCFL Contract.
- Prior experience as a Forensic Examiner supporting a large DoD or Intel customer providing Cyber Forensics.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.